“Ghetto Hotel”

Ramada Flagstaff East
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This was the last leg of an otherwise amazing trip. I booked 2 rooms through Orbitz paying approx. $100 per room. The one positive aspect to our stay was the young woman who checked us in was accomodating and very kind.

Otherwise, the carpets were dirty. We couldn't see the room numbers on the doors due to poor lighting. One of our rooms had a very peculiar odor....kind of like old socks. There were shady characters hanging ourside of our door late at night.

We had just returned from a road trip to Mexico but I was more concerned for our safety at this hotel than I was in Mexico. If I had seen this hotel before booking I would have NEVER booked it due to its dingy run down appearance.

I'm not a snob but I expect a certain level of return for my investment. If this hotel had charged half of what I paid, I would not be surprised at the state of the rooms and grounds.

I will pay the extra $25 a night and stay at the Holiday Inn Express next time I am in Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Lower level due to a strangely placed staircase to the upper levels
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Sanjay P, Manager at Ramada Flagstaff East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Dear JeriLyn1111,
We are extremely sorry for any issues caused at our location, we just recently took ownership of this property and are going through a complete remodel and these things take time but we also have to be open for business.
As far as the "shady person" standing outside we are sorry but we can't control who walks around being we are in a very public area, had this been brought to out attention we would of asked the person to leave.
Once again we are sorry for the appearance and condition of our property as we are trying to get the job done ASAP.

Thank You.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

It was average . The people were friendly but the rooms were not up to standard at all for q Wyndam Property. I won't be staying here again

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cmosly48

Dear cmosly48,
We are sorry for the rooms as we are remodeling the property we hope to have everything done soon and maybe in the future you can give us a second chance.

Sanjay P.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Good and clean motel. From Check inn to Check out everything but exterior was pleasant. There are concrete bags in walkways. and construction crew around. Though not messy overall.I Will come back to this Ramada motel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank You For The Kind Words Arthur F! We are glad you enjoyed you're stay with us, the concert bags and construction crew are for the remodeling of the property.
We hope to see you in near future!

Sanjay P.