“Xcellent!”

Criollo Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 352 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Very good food!

My wife had the special, a white corn chicken and cheese tamale that was wonderful.

I had the pork belly tacos, again fabulous!

Good service.

Local beer selection good.

Nice little patio in back.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The margaritas are delicious with unique flavor options. I also love the smashed avocado and pineapple salsa. We were just there for happy hour but the menu looked great with some unique dishes. The service was great and the atmosphere was nice. The little back patio is a hidden gem!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small restaurant downtown. The food is what I would call, gourmet Cuban. Everything is fresh and delicious. The pork belly tacos are outstanding. I also enjoy the fact that their portions aren't so huge. There is a new twist on the Cuban food that gives a more delicate gourmet taste and presentation. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We love sustainable and clean food. But it should be affordable and tasty. We had the duck tamale and the chicken tamale. The side salad was superb. Loved the dressing. The tamale was so dry. I would say barely edible. It occurred to me that they probably went light on the lard or other oil. It tasted "day old". The crema made it edible. We opted for dessert. The flan was small and very tasty, but $8. The key lime ice cream was good, but again very pricey. We would not recommend this place. Sorry.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We spotted this place downtown and my wife had read good things on TripAdvisor, so we gave it a shot.
The interior is attractive. They don't have any beers on tap, which was mildly disappointing.
I had the paella. It was pretty good, but far from the best I've ever had. It was mostly risotto and could have used more seafood and sausage.
My wife had the ropa vieja. She thought it was okay, but lacked any wow factor.
My dish was Spanish and Tracy's was Cuban. Maybe if we had stuck with some more straightforward Mexican entrees we would have been better off? I don't know.
The Criollo didn't earn an A rating from us this time, but we agreed our meal was a solid B.