“Best Food EVER”

Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 365 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dale
Reviewed 10 November 2017

The food here is amazing! We had been wanting some fine dining after our adventures in Page and this place hit the spot. Definitely order the cheese plate, it comes with a lavender/coffee rind cheese that is delicious. We had the scallop appetizer recommended by our server, it was perfection. For entree we had the duck breast and lamb both cooked to perfection!

3  Thank SeaofBlush

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The restaurant was recommended by our B&B and were they right. We had salad, steak and lamb. It was well prepared, served in a timely fashion, left us wishing we had room for more. The service was attentive, very professional, and friendly. We would recommend this restaurant without reservation.

2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Went with family, great service and great bar selection. Food was fantastic. Short rib crepes as well as scallops were outstanding.

2  Thank gjk5dave
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We did speak to the manager so our review is not of unwarranted criticism. First our experience in locking in a reservation was difficult with having to leave our # so someone could return our call to confirm a time. We chose a 5:30 time and didn't hear back so proceeded on to our 20 mile drive into town. It was approximately 5:30 when our call was returned and sent to voice mail while traveling. When we arrived we were greeted stiffly and said that they would try to accommodate us. When they asked if we would like to sit in the garden area we said we preferred inside because of the cold night. We went to look at the area and were assured there would be sufficient heat blowing towards us. We were seated at wire patio chairs and table, not high end at all. Uncomfortable at best we were finally seated indoors with a nice table with cloth and candle, much better. We chose drinks, The Goodbye and El Diablo, they were very good. We ordered the cheese board with 5 cheeses, olives, chutney, berries,nuts and flat bread. We must say it was the best thing we ate that evening and would come back for that as well as a drink. We shared the Field Greens salad, nothing out of the ordinary. Husband ordered the filet which we agreed was average. I ordered the sea bass. The sea bass was served in a slanted bowl and everything was puddled together with a bland sauce, spinach and potatoes with a braised baby octopus. I know I prefer my octopus deep fried rather than soft, mushy and alive looking. The sea bass had a distinct fishy smell and flavor, I didn't like my dish at all. We did like the fact that we were never intruded upon but watched from a distance to serve us only when absolutely necessary. Our dinner with drinks, salad, cheese board and entree's and tip was a total of $175, You make your own decision on dining here.

1  Thank 2Travelers43
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Wow! Pretty much sums it up. As a former resident of Flagstaff, my expectations aren't real high for her restaurants. I mean, there's lots of good places to eat, but nothing that has blown my mind. Brix has changed all that.

I didn't even consider reservations for a Flagstaff restaurant, even in a Saturday night, so we just showed up. If it hadn't been for a cancellation, we would have waited 2 hours for a table! Luckily, the friendly hostess ushered us to a table in a tight, but we'll done, dining room. Our waiter, Bear, was prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable about everything on the menu.

We started with the dual charcuterie boards and the combinations of fruit, cheeses, meats, dips, and veggies were delectable. It's a lot of food for two people!

As an entree, I had the short rib crepes, and fell in love after the first bite. Between the flavor and the texture, every pleasure key was hit. My friend had the duck confit and had a food-gasm after every bite.

This place is an absolute MUST for your next trip to Flagstaff.

If I had one suggestion: Please put something in the back patio door to slow it down as it shuts. We had the table next to it and it it slams shut so hard, our table shook-every time a non-employee went in and out.

Amazing restaurant!