Weatherford Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$68
Hotels.com
US$129
US$118
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$109
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$90
Little America Hotel Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$149
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$135
Travelocity
All reviewszane greyold westgopher holeclawfoot tubhistoric propertyprivate bathroom across the hallwrap around balconyshared bathroomcarried our bagswyatt earppub and grillnightly entertainmentbed earlymultiple barsno elevatorflights of stairsturn of the century
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed in one of the rooms with shared bathrooms, using Flagstaff as a base to go and explore the Grand Canyon. The room was basic but clean, pretty much what you expect from a historic hotel that in no way holds itself out as a luxury place. The two bars are great and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, sitting out on the balcony and watching the world go by was quite cool. The only issue is that it can be a bit noisy at night, didn't really affect us though.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank H64336
Reviewed 28 September 2011

After reading other reviews, I booked room 42 for a night. Super charming, but kinda felt like I was sleeping in a museum. Please....Let me just tell u about the shower....There is claw foot tub which is great except there is no shower curtain! I flooded the whole bathroom while trying to avoid sitting in a tub that i'm sure 100 other people bathed in. The water went from one extreme to the other and I kinda felt like I was at a camp site trying to shower. I would stay here again for the location but would not pay extra for that room.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank karri1229
Reviewed 25 July 2011

If you're looking for 5 stars, a spa, and every service under the sun, skip this place. BUT if you're looking for a unique, historical experience definitely check this out. My group book a room with a private bath and one with a shared bathroom. We stayed one night as we were passing through and I honestly couldn't have been happier. New Years Eve had just passed and everything was still decorated for the season. The staff at the front desk and especially the bar were so friendly and helpful. If you stick around the bar long enough and strike up conversations you will meet people from all walks of life which is entertaining in itself. We played pool (free popcorn in that bar; I believe there are 2 bars total), got drinks (warm spiked apple cider!), the boys enjoyed a cigar out on the balcony on a crisp winter night, and overall had an awesome time.

As for the rooms, they we spacious, warm, nicely decorated, clean and the beds were actually comfy. I definitely would not want to have that mattress at home for everyday sleeping, but for one night not a problem. The shared bathroom is shared among 4 or 5 other rooms, however I don't think those rooms were booked since I never saw anyone else using the bathroom but us. The private bathroom in our friends room was teeny tiny so I'm not sure it is worth the extra money. I guess it depends on the time of year you go. Either way both were clean. So if you are looking for a unique experience with friendly staff try it out as long as you're not expecting a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank RexyB
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We hoped to book one of the rooms and have an event catered for a small group of under 30. The facility required almost $400 up front for a deposit and stated we had to spend $500 or more. As the date neared, the price kept changing...more for the catered meal, a charge or the linens, more charges and fees for every little thing....until the price was ridiculous. We have since been told that the food is awful anyway. We lost the deposit and booked elsewhere for an honest fee and great food!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mjohnson1288
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The Weatherford Hotel is the best place to stay in Flagstaff! The locations is perfect, you can pretty much walk everywhere downtown or to campus easily. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, they even let us store our mountain bikes in their dry storage while we were there. A special thank you to Matt for the great serivce and all your help!

Be warned though it can be very noisy at night (especially on the 3rd floor if you are close the Zane Grey Ballroom) but if noise doesn't bother you then this is a great place. Also, be prepared for a very small bathroom and unpredictable water temps.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you are looking for bigger rooms/bathrooms. The smaller rooms are a good inexpensive alternative though.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple