Weatherford Hotel
US$154
Country Inn
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$110
US$145
US$116
US$130
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$85
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$169
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$100
SleepInn
All reviewszane greyold westgopher holeclawfoot tubhistoric propertyprivate bathroom across the hallwrap around balconyshared bathroomno elevatorflights of stairsturn of the centuryamtrak stationqueen suitecookie cutterrooms are smalldowntown flagcommon areas
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Booked this for 2 nights in Flagstaff as I like historical hotels. The building is beautiful and authentic. Rooms are small but as expected for this type of hotel.

The major issue with the Weatherford is the the Zane Grey Ballroom (actually a bar) is on the same floor as many of the guest rooms. The guest rooms are right down a short hall and the only door in between is kept open. Noise from the bar is audible in your room so don't expect to sleep until the bar closes. The thing is, the bar has no posted closing time. The first night, they closes at 8:30 (reasonable), the second they said 11:30 (unreasonable) and that's when we left (forfeiting our second night's fee) for another local hotel. Staff were apologetic but could not or would not do anything.

Until the hotel does something to isolate the guest rooms from the bar and their customers, I can't recommend this hotel unless you are drinking in the bar until closing.

Room Tip: As far from the Zane Grey bar as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

I apologize for the challenges you had during your stay. The Zane Grey Bar, Ballroom, & Balcony closes no later than midnight, due to the hotel guests. Our guests are aware that we have 3 pubs in the hotel, and we never recommend staying at the hotel on the weekends, if your intentions are a good night's sleep. Although, some guests are more sensitive to noise than others. We try to make it clear that we are an entertainment hotel, and we can't control the noise in the hotel or the downtown area. I'm not sure how you booked your reservation, whether online, or a call in. Online you have to accept the disclaimer before booking, and you are reminded at check in. Regardless, the staff is trained to tell the guests at check in when you sign the paper work, that we are an entertainment hotel with 3 pubs, and we can't control the noise. So, if that didn't happen at check in, please let me know.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Claudia and the staff were great! Very helpful. Our wedding party was able to have all of our activities in one beautiful setting.The food was very good and the bar was a lot of fun with good service. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you, Brian for your fantastic review! What a beautiful and memorable event! It was a pleasure meeting everyone, and we wish Meg and Zach an amazing future together!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We loved our room and our stay at The Weatherford! The clawfoot tub was a highlight for sure. This spot is great for a romantic weekend and for folks who love historic hotels (my partner and I love all of the historic spots in AZ including Hotel Congress in Tucson and the Monte V in Flag).

Parking can be a challenge but there are three lots right now available to Weatherford guests, and we were able to find a spot after some looking. We didn't find the noise to be too much -- but we do expect some noise in historic hotels like this one.

I heard one couple complaining that there was no TV in their room....ours had one but I don't know why anyone would watch TV when there is so much else to do in Flagstaff. My only issue with amenities would be the lack of a coffee maker in the room. For $200/night that would be a welcome addition.

Overall a great stay -- we would come back.

Room Tip: Queen suites are more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your great review!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The hotel itself is really cool and interesting. Every corner has something neat to see.

The hotel does a great job at warning you in the emails that it is not quiet. All of the small issues we had were all noted in the email. The radiator in the room does pop a little, which didn't bother my husband, just kept me up a bit. The bar noise was done by midnight on our floor, and after that is was pretty quiet.

The only complaint, which isn't really the hotel's fault is you can hear EVERY noise that comes out of any of the rooms, that includes the people in the room next to us who were "getting busy" when they came back to their room after the bar closed up. You can even hear when someone gets on or off the bed in the room next door.

I think this hotel is perfect for the young party crowd - you hang out and drink in the bar until later hours and then crash in your room. If you've been drinking you likely won't notice any of the small little noises of the place.

We opted for a standard room with the private bathroom across the hall. The only weird thing I noticed is the blinds don't extend all the way down on the window so any person on the street could see you in the bathroom if you were getting into the shower in the evening with the lights on. I had to shove the trash and some magazines in the window to cover the entire window. It would be a very inexpensive fix.

Room Tip: Splurge on the queen rooms - I'm thinking those would be a little cheaper
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you so much for your honest review! I'm always looking for ways to combat the noise! My guess is you stayed in room #53, and we will be addressing the blind issue. I do recommend coming back and staying in a queen room if you decide to come back in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The Weatherford is nicely redone and has a great location. However, the noise level was intense. I have stayed here before and did not notice it being that loud. This last experience will deter me from staying at this hotel in the future. The bars and restaurant are always fun to visit though.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Klaudia N, Manager at Weatherford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for your review!