Adele Turner Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$259
Agoda.com
US$239
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$311/night.

US$475
US$599
  • Restaurant
US$279
US$303
All reviewscontinental breakfastmy husband and iking roomjacuzzi bathan upgradebed was comfortablepark your carfirst floordowntown newportcentral locationoff seasonrickcerealanniversary
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Sadly owing to a reservation mix up at another establishment I along with 3 friends stayed here. Ended up paying premium prices for substandard "diabolical" rooms. Overall a very badly maintained facility run by a manager full of excuses and no action. My room appeared to be a converted storage room with a skylight that some small rodent attempted to enter during the night. Room/bathroom was disgustingly dirty. Cleveland B&B is part of a group of Inns on Clarke street managed by the same people. I viewed two and found them equally sub-standard for the prices charged.

Room Tip: rooms on lower floors may be better
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank 477GrahamS477
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing deluxe king suite in this b&b. The room was absolutely perfect and private. The bathroom to die for - jacuzzi tub and shower with body jets. Very spacious room and bathroom as well. The linens and toiletries also top notch. The staff - amazing and go out of their way to be helpful. We had breakfast in the building across the street - black building (the clarkeston) blueberry pancakes fresh as well as fresh fruit and the coffee delicious.

Location perfect! You can step out your door and walk 15 feet to a side street to cut right to the heart of downtown. We also lucked out and got to the seafood festival - with amazing food and live music playing.

Highly recommend staying here :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016

We were inneed of a room for a family party. This was one of the only Inns that did not require a 2 night minimum. Location was amazing. Morning of, proprietor called indicating we probably wanted something better than what we reserved and more rooms were available for $60/80/100 more. He said web does not list better rooms. I agreed to pay more for a queen "deluxe". We were given a vacant king room. The bed was soft, the room dated and bathroom very small. I appreciate the limitations of historic buildings, but needed updating bad. The room was so slanted our things slid off the dresser

Room Tip: avoid rooms near or above breakfast room. AC is in window units so ask for a room with a quiet/newer one, ours was old and noisey
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewportAdmirer
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This bed and breakfast is located within walking distance of all the downtown and dockside attractions and eateries. The staff was helpful and very pleasant. The bed was comfortable and bedding nice. The bath was very large but getting in and out of the shower involved stepping over the high side of a quite old hot tub. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I cannot stress enough how horrible our stay was. We were put in a room in the unfinished basement. Of course those rooms are not depicted online. The ceilings were unfinished with all pipes exposed, the walls were unfinished little pieces of drywall tacked up with a rug covering the holes in the wall! The ceiling was held up by staples. The worst was when I pulled back my bedsheets and found them completely covered in nasty brown and yellow stains. The only reason I agreed to sleep in the bed is because the nice lady working in the office saw the sheets and was horrified as well .She brought me a brand new mattress pad, sheets, etc. The wood panelling in my room was completely rotted and growing mold. I work in construction administration and these accommodations were appalling never mind illegal code and health wise. I showed photos of my stay to friends and they were mortified. I never in my wildest dreams ever imagined there could be such an awful and disgusting place.

None of the wonderful things in the hotel description were true. They claim to have rooms with marble bathrooms with whirlpool tubs in every room. Well I didn't even have a bathroom in my room. I had a sink. Down the hall was a tiny shower. Then further down the hall was a toilet- with no toilet paper until I requested some. When I had to walk to the shower, hotel employees would be walking around getting items from the storage room as well as other people staying on the floor. You have no privacy. They claim to have beautiful canopy or four poster beds. My bed was an old metal frame missing parts. My room was filthy and when I got home and opened my bag a giant spider crawled out. I immediately threw my bags outside.

The owner of this house is a complete con artist who promised one thing and when we arrived we were floored with shock. I love old houses and bed and breakfasts. They have charm and can be very interesting and unique. This house is owned by a cheap man tricking people into thinking you are staying in such a place and then get stuck in a crappy filthy cramped basement who no chance of a refund despite his promise to "work something out." He has gotten these complaints before but is very smug about the situation knowing nothing can be done to him unless you take him to court. He promises to work everything out upon check out but when the time comes he takes it all back. This man treats his guests like crap, so imagine how awful he must treat his own employees. If you want to get ripped off and treated like crap then stay here. But if I were you I would RUNNNN!!!

As for the parking situation, the is a tiny crowded lot on the side of the house that is a disaster. They squeeze you in to the point where one old man crawled through his passenger side to get out. It is a ridiculous parking situation. This place gets negative infinity points from me.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends