“Great choices for vegan diners!”
Review of Diego's

Diego's
Reserve with OpenTable
Diego's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 258 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Diegos is a casual Mexican Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Open year round for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Family owned restaurant that sits on Bowens Wharf next to shopping and hotels. Reservations and walk ins always welcome!
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Somehow we found a spot at the bar after the hostess told us it would be a 90 minute wait! We ordered the Salsa flights which were all flavorful. I loved the pineapple one the best. For dinner I had the cauliflower mushroom tacos which were very tasty! We were very impressed with the staffs work ethic especially since the waitstaff shuttle food from the ground floor to the top floor. The bartenders were attentive and quick. Overall a pleasant experience especially on the weekend of St Patrick’s day.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I've now been to Diego's several times and have waited to review until now because I've heard good things about Diego's. The first time I went I wasn't that impressed BUT....the last few times I've been for lunch have been really good! I think I may have caught an off day the first time. I personally like the upstairs bar area to eat, it's more warm and inviting. The downstairs seems more get you in and out and less cozy. We also had a few good cocktails like the Sangria and Margarita's and of course, when eating Mexican, get a Dos Equis!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We ate lunch at Diego's on a Sunday afternoon. They were also serving brunch. The margaritas amd cocktails are phenomenal and the food is delicious. It is an indoor/outdoor place near the wharf. During the winter the porch is covered like a tent with heat. I recommend the chicken tinga nachos- fantastic! Service was friendly, prices were good. I will return!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I have been to Diego's a few times and food has been creative and good. Service has always been good but on this last trip the gentleman went over and above for me and my friend. We will be back each time we're in Newport!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We've come here several times and I almost always go back to the fish tacos. My husband and kids have had their burritos, which are really good too. However, you can't beat their fish tacos!! I also love their Spicy Paloma cocktail.

Date of visit: January 2018