“Great sandwiches!”

Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped here after a tour of the Breakers... What a great find! Yummy sandwiches and delicious coffee. The only downside is the very limited seating... but a great little lunch spot in Newport. We would definitely come back.

1  Thank sgoldensohn

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We choose This cafe because of the Tripadvisor ratings. We got the fall menu off of their website and called ahead to order our lunch. This is recommended as they are a very busy little shop! While there I noticed the pastries. They looked great so I got one! I loved it so much we had to go back before leaving town to get a couple more!

1  Thank Lynn C
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for scones, muffins or pastry for breakfast this is the best stop in town.
This is where the quote “you snooze you lose” comes in:)
If you miss breakfast the lunch sandwiches are great too!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I read the reviews and wanted to stop before heading to Newport Mansions. The menu was extensive and everything sounded delicious. We arrived about 1130 and the very small place was packed with no seats available. That’s ok. I chose the poule vin sandwich and my husband the European. We drove for 5 minutes and stopped at a spot overlooking the water. My sandwich looked very messy and the chips on the sandwich were very soggy. I struggled to keep the chicken in the bread. We came to the conclusion that the filling would be perfect over rice or pasta but definitely not between bread. I couldn’t eat it. My husbands sandwich was tasty and packed high enough. I wished I had chosen another sandwich or salad. I imagine most of the other choices would be worth a higher rating.

4  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My husband and I had a pizza and house salad with chicken. We were pleased with the food and would eat there again. It is a very tiny restaurant, seating is limited to around 10-12 people. Food is available for takeout and that is a good option if seating is not available.

1  Thank Prisco4