“Great PersonalTour of Newport”

Native Newporter Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$75.00*
and up
Private Rhode Island Newport Mansion City Tour
Ranked #35 of 58 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Newporter Tours has been providing both private and public, walking and driving, tours of Newport, R.I. since 2004. We are the only Tour company that uses guides who were born and who have lived in Newport their entire lives: Native Newporters! Our signature tour is the "City Tour", a 1-1.5 hour overview of the City, designed to make the best use of your time during your trip. We also have a very popular walking Tour of the famous Cliff Walk. The tours are a blend of history, scenery, and local culture, aimed at individuals and families of all ages. We are open year round with scheduled daily departures from the City's Visitor Center, located near the waterfront area.
Reviewed 15 April 2016

After knowing we were going to be arriving late in the afternoon, no other tour companies were offering guided tours. I called Peter and he was more than willing to meet us at 3:30 for a private tour for the 3 of us. He was great. Being a native Newporter, he gave us the scoop on so many things and was so knowledgable about the history and current affairs. I highly recommend Peter and would schedule a tour with him next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Mrs._Shnee

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am a travel agent and arranged for 6 people to tour Newport with a private tour instead of booking through our cruise line. This hit all the right buttons for us. Personable, local knowledge, funny, on time, priced right and flexible for our schedule and touring needs. Thanks to Peter for a perfect day in Newport.

1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Peter, our driver, made special efforts for us. I am a water colorist and wanted to get photos of interesting scenes for my work. Peter drove to many,many sights which I am sure will provide me with inspiration for my work.
In addition, he was most knowledgable on the architecture, history, etc.
If you want a personally designed private tour of Newport, contact Peter at Natuve Newport Tours.

1  Thank illini572016
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My mother, sister and I visited Newport for the first time in November when the public tours for the area had limited availability, so we booked a private 2-hour tour with Native Newporter Tours. The owner, Peter, picked us up promptly at the designated time, and gave us a wonderful overview of the Newport area. He shared a wealth of information with us which could only come from a native who not only knows the sites, history and significance of the area well, but has experienced the more recent history firsthand. We enjoyed his personal and friendly style along with the convenience and flexibility of a tour just for us.

4  Thank qct222