“Wonderful personal guided tour of Newport”

Native Newporter Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$75.00*
and up
Private Rhode Island Newport Mansion City Tour
Ranked #35 of 58 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Newporter Tours has been providing both private and public, walking and driving, tours of Newport, R.I. since 2004. We are the only Tour company that uses guides who were born and who have lived in Newport their entire lives: Native Newporters! Our signature tour is the "City Tour", a 1-1.5 hour overview of the City, designed to make the best use of your time during your trip. We also have a very popular walking Tour of the famous Cliff Walk. The tours are a blend of history, scenery, and local culture, aimed at individuals and families of all ages. We are open year round with scheduled daily departures from the City's Visitor Center, located near the waterfront area.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We took our 1st trip to Rhode Island this summer, and Peter's private tour was one of the highlights of our trip. He is a wealth of information about Newport & the area, and provided many interesting anecdotes along with factual information of the city. We highly recommend his guided tour!
Jeff & Kathy

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Amazing tour guide Peter! The best way to see Newport! The views are spectacular. Peter was very knowledgeable and entertaining.

3  Thank Sweetie P
Peter G, Owner at Native Newporter Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thanks "Sweetie"...

Reviewed 4 September 2016

As a custom tour operator, I am always looking for the best and more unique services for my clients. Usually, this is in Europe, Asia, Australia or New Zealand - but this time it was the USA. I talked with Peter and he sounded very good, professional and knowledgeable. So I booked a half day tour for clients on the American Cruise Line. They were Totally pleased with the tour!! They reported that Peter was very knowledgeable, pleasant, professional - and took their interests and needs to heart! Since my days as a student in Newport and later a jazz festival visitor are ages ago, I was delighted that Peter truly gave my clients a memorable and accurate tour of the city. Thank you, Peter - and to fellow agents or travelers, DO Contact Native Newporter Tours for that small, custom-designed tour you REALLY want!

1  Thank mlhfoley

Thanks!

Reviewed 15 April 2016

After knowing we were going to be arriving late in the afternoon, no other tour companies were offering guided tours. I called Peter and he was more than willing to meet us at 3:30 for a private tour for the 3 of us. He was great. Being a native Newporter, he gave us the scoop on so many things and was so knowledgable about the history and current affairs. I highly recommend Peter and would schedule a tour with him next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Mrs._Shnee