“Best chowder in Newport”
Review of Black Pearl

Black Pearl
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Pearl is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$15 - US$55
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Black Pearl is the perfect lunch stop while tooling around the Newport waterfront. We were told their clam chowder was the best in Newport, and it certainly hit the spot on a cold November Saturday. The lobster salad was also terrific.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We were told by former R.I residents we HAD to have the clam chowder here. My wife and I stopped by for lunch and ordered the chowder and thought it was good but certainly not the best we have had. I wouldn't make a special trip.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I found out that the Black Pearl is known for their chowder, it is not something I would usually order; however, I gave it a try. I am so glad I did! It was a cold afternoon and we just finished the Cliff Walk, it felt so good to go in to a warm place and get a delicious bowl of chowder.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

O M G. Recommended by a local. Came for late lunch. 2 of us had the clam chowder. I'm not a chowder fan, but it smelled soo good. Tasted better than good, a must have. Chicken pot pie was yummy. Good size portion in a crock. Crust was thin but really flaky. Grilled swordfish sandwich all good choices.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

warm November day and could eat outside. Food very good and enjoyed their outdoor spot next to the marina. Would return for sure

Been to Black Pearl? Share your experiences!