“Large group dinner ”
Review of Midtown Oyster Bar

Midtown Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We recently ate here as a party of 12. The third floor is dedicated to hosting large parties so you aren't thrown in a corner or feel like you are interrupting other smaller dinners of other customers. Food was delicious. Drinks were strong. Everyone enjoyed their time and everything is reasonably priced. Would definitely come back with a large group again

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The food was overall quite good. The oyster selection was terrific. Kind of wish I’d only had tons of oysters! The service was odd, unrefined, we had desserts brought before being even asked about coffee, oysters cane before they brought wine ... just off all night. Definitely a drawback of the whole experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Fabulous seafood options. Try some local
Oysters. Great service, great cocktails. Huge selection of seafood.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This was our second year back at Newport and we came back to eat at the Oyster house. The food is good and they also have some talented entertainers singing and playing their guitars .
Try their lobster rolls. Very popular and tasty . They also have a great bar. Nice place to go.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Recently I visited Newport with my family and on our last day there we decided to eat here on our way out. It hadn’t been recommended to us but it was convenient to where we were parked and as parking is such a premium there, we didn’t want to move the car. All that to say, it wasn’t our first choice, but we were hopeful. I ordered a burger that had fried oysters on it which turned out pretty good. I ordered the salad with honey mustard vinaigrette on the side, which our server assured me it always was served on the side. When I received the salad, the dressing was on it so the server insisted she’d bring one without it. A salad did appear with dressing on the side, no problem, only the dressing wasn’t a vinaigrette and really wasn’t very good. I hated to waste it but the salad on my plate was much better and wasn’t too overdressed. It was really nice of her to bring me another salad but in a matter of minutes another salad came out! We did have them take that one back! I guess just a mix up in the kitchen. I would have given this four bubbles but when my sister said that her fries were not very hot but just lukewarm, our server, who at that time had been very nice, had a change of attitude and seemed for a second as if she wasn’t going to accommodate her. She ended up bringing hot fries, but we didn’t see much of her after that. She might of been having a stressful day and possibly that was too much at the end of her shift. At any rate, it was the last thing I remember of the restaurant and therefore made it a little less than enjoyable. Food wasn’t so bad though and atmosphere was ok as well.

Been to Midtown Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!