US$289
US$269
America's Cup Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$359
  • Breakfast included
US$355
US$302
Artful Lodger Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$297
TripAdvisor
US$770
  • Pool
All reviewsking suiteboutique hotelurban beachapple tvsconessmall platesoatsno elevatorart museumlovely boutiquemy husband and ithe main hoteltop floorloved this hotelthe cliffthird floorwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 15 April 2016

My boyfriend and I went for a weekend. The décor is new and fresh. The staff was polite. My favorite thing about the place was the buffet breakfast. It was delicious! The location is in a quiet area, but we were still able to walk to many shops and restaurants.

Each room was equipped with an IPAD loaded with info, movies, and free wifi.

My only gripe was the tight parking. I afraid someone was going to scratch my car getting in and out of the small parking lot.

Room Tip: Doors are locked after 9, so you need your key to get back in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2016

This lovely boutique hotel is located right between the center of town and the beautiful cliff walk and Easton's beach. The owners were always available to answer question or respond to our needs in any way. The breakfast was outstanding and prepared with love!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anneliese456
Reviewed 8 April 2016

During my recent visit to Newport, I stayed two nights at the Attwater. It is a clean boutique hotel with a lovely décor and the suite was very spacious. However, there were some issues: (1) There was a problem with the lock on the entrance door to the building, so the door was left unlocked and therefore, unsecure during the night. No one was at the reception desk during the night. For me, this was a safety and security issue and why a 'poor' rating was given for the sleep quality. How can one sleep well, when thinking about the security of the building? Management did, however, provide a telephone number to call in case of an emergency or urgent concern. (2) Only two rooms in the hotel were occupied during our stay, so the owners opted not to provide breakfast in the café; instead they set a breakfast basket outside our room door each morning. I would have preferred to select my own breakfast items in the café. And, some of the items that were in the basket would have tasted better if warm and not stone cold. In my opinion, guests should be treated the same during off season as they are during peak season. Some reviewers mentioned getting cookies at the end of the day, hm...not during our stay. (3) After a full day of touring the mansions, walking the cliff path, visiting the tennis museum, and driving the scenic beach route, we returned to the Attwater at 6:10pm to find the reception & café locked. We were looking forward to getting ice for our beverages, but the sign said that they were closed for the evening and would reopen at 8am. The sign said that for emergencies and urgent concerns, we could call them. Since 'ice' is neither an emergency or urgent, we got back in the car and drove to the store to get ice. This was totally inconvenient for us. For the high rate charged for the suite, the service was very disappointing. We should have been offered a discount for the lack of amenities and service. For my next visit to Newport, I will not return to the Attwater and will look for other accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
7  Thank selvamarga
Amanda W, Public Relations Manager at The Attwater, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful review of The Attwater, and for giving us the chance to address your concerns for future guests. We are in the midst of having a new keypad installed on our front door, but please also rest assured that we are adjacent to Newport's residential area and have never had any safety concerns here - guests love our quiet (but still very accessible) location! During the shoulder seasons when we have very few guests on the property we try to avoid food waste by delivering breakfast baskets to guests' doors each morning rather than doing a full spread for only a couple of rooms. The breakfast basket items are directly from our regular menu, so full breakfast options would be the same, minus just one or two items. We make sure to always provide an egg, overnight steel-cut oats, a side dish, homemade scones, homemade bread, and a yogurt, which seems to be plenty of food and variety. As always, the cafe is still open at 8am each morning with hot water for tea, fresh brewed coffee, and orange juice. Generally guests love this special treat, and we've never had a complaint on this front in the past!

During quiet weekdays we do close the cafe at 6:30pm. As there is a refrigerator and Keurig coffeemaker in each room, we haven't found this to be a problem since very few guests are in need of ice and coffee. We do adjust some the style of some of our offerings based on occupancy and staffing, but we pride ourselves on providing the same service and amenities at all times, it just might come in a different package!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We spent one night in this great hotel. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated and the small plate style breakfast was delicious. We loved the complimentary treats on arrival and the in-room coffee makers. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Newport.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma R
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We spent one weekday at the Attwater. This is a little, adorable boutique hotel in Newport, located just off Bellevue Ave, and close to the major spots in Newport. The room was very nice and neat, with its signature interior decoration. Even if we were the only guests in the night (it was off season), the hotel staff genuinely cared for us. There's a small, but clean gym. Amenities were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple