“Ocean Drive to the Lobster Rolls”

The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 253 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn has been the backdrop of memorable occasions for over a century, residing inside a historic mansion built in 1875. The Forbes Four Star restaurant presents a prix fixe menu showcasing the talents of Chef Lou Rossi and his culinary team. We are blessed with a location that is second to none in New England - not only for the view, but for the bounty provided by our surrounding lands being brought to your table. * Sunday through Thursday 5:45pm – 8pm * Friday & Saturday 5:45pm – 9pm * Mansion Bar 11:30am – 10:00pm daily
Reviewed 6 January 2016

After visiting the mansions we took Ocean Drive to Castle Hill. We had a cocktail at the bar while waiting for our table and we were then seated in the dining room. Every table has a view of the ocean, it's very cozy and the wait staff was excellent. We had the lobster roll which was amazing. My husband started with the clam chowder, it was also delicious.

Anthony B, Manager at The Dining Room at Castle Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Great to hear you enjoyed a winter's lunch at the Inn. The clam chowder definitely helps on these cold days. Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

A friend and I had a wonderful New Year's Day brunch at Castle Hill today. Everything was perfect...ambience, food and service were excellent! We could not have asked for anything better and definitely will return.

Happy New Year! This was a new way for us to celebrate the holiday, and we plan on making it a great new tradition. Hope to see you again next year - or before that!

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Great ambience and service.
We had the three course menu paired with wines. I did not think wines were as good as the food. I was particularly dissapointed with the wine pairing for the chocolate chip cookie souffle dessert
They served a beer, a milk stoudt. I would have assumed the chocolate chip souffle would have come with a port. I did mention my dissapointment about getting a beer with desert rather than port with the waitress, but no offer was made to give me the port. I thought receiving a stoudt was a poor choice as the dinner was to be paired with wines.
I gave the Inn a 4 rather than a 5 because of the price and dissapointment with the wines.

Thank you for coming to join us and for the honest feedback. While it's great to hear that you enjoyed the service and food overall - I'm sorry that you did not enjoy all of the beverage pairings. We definitely should have explained the reasoning behind the pairing a bit better, and of course found a better option for you one way or the other in the end. We hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 23 December 2015

I have wanted to dine here for many years, and finally had the chance recently. As it happened, we were lucky enough to be traveling in the area during restaurant week and decided to take advantage of the menu. What a lovely experience! The service was divine and the meal impeccable! I could not have hoped for a nicer experience and cannot wait to come here in the summer when the sun is out and the days are long enough to enjoy the beautiful view!

Reviewed 8 December 2015

We eat two dinners, two breakfasts, had "high" tea. The variety of menu offerings was what you would expect at such a beautiful spot.