“Visitor”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Portuguese, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great little breakfast spot and well worth the trip and wait to get in . Very busy on most days because the food is excellent. Definitely more than just a breakfast spot . Excellent, friendly staff. Will always be back on every trip to Newport .

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. Definitely will come back again next time we visit Newport. We ordered their dodgy bob omelet and shrimp and avocado omelet with goat cheese and roasted peppers. So good! We came around 815am and got back later so definitely come early so there’s me wait time..

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

So this place is always busy but well worth the wait. Fresh food and great service. I enjoyed sitting outside. Breakfast menu is amazing.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

On the recommendation of our concierge, we walked to the corner cafe knowing we may have to wait because they don't take reservations. We gave our name and waited about 20 minutes. It was warm out thankfully. There were plenty of options, I wanted all of the above. I had a mushroom scramble with hollandaise sauce, YUM! They also had Irish Breakfast tea in a nice big mug which was a huge plus! The staff were friendly and accommodating. Overall a really lovely breakfast!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I always stay in a bed & breakfast or an Inn when we're in Newport. That way we are guaranteed the convenience of a full breakfast or at least a simple continental breakfast during our stay. But we try to go for breakfast one time during the long weekend at one of the restaurants. We like to go to Franklin Spa on Spring Street, but I heard good things about Corner Cafe .
Corner Cafe is on the corner of Broadway and Burnside Ave.
Nice clean busy restaurant. The owner is very efficient in making sure that the wait staff keeps everything moving.
My wife had an omelet with sausage, tomato and american cheese served with a side of home fries and rye toast. I had a special of the day. Shrimp and grits served with scrambled eggs, canadian bacon, home fries and rye toast. It was a mountain of food, but a mole hill of flavor. The home fries were seasoned well and the rye toast was excellent. But everything else was plain jane. My wife's omelet and the shrimp and grits were very bland. The food was decent but not great.