All reviewsgoat islandshuttle buspool staffoutdoor amenitieshostess seatedhelpful votepineapples restaurantnice outdoor poollevel deckbest room in the hoteldaily chargeevery single employeejamestown bridgeconference centerbalcony viewluxury resortlong island
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Our Spring Meeting Was Held There. Everything Was Just Great From, The Room Was Great Excellent View, Locatio Close To Town With A Shuttle Was Awesome,, Staff, Facilities, Food & Drink, All Was Good!!

Room Tip: Room 613 Was Very Nice Great View
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GurneysResort, Manager at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Dennis-Plum,

Thank you very much for your wonderful posting and so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Gurney's. We do hope to see you again and please let me know if i can assist with any future reservations.

My best,

David Smiley
Resort Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment we pulled up to Gurneys we were greeted by a friendly and hospitable valet staff. Upon check in, David Smiley the resort manager provided my husband and I with a warm welcome and helped us find the perfect room during our stay for our weekend away. He made sure that our entire experience was warm, hospitable and welcoming. David introduced us to Alex one of the hotels attendants who accommodated every one of our requests and needs. From driving us to town in Gurney’s house Tesla, providing insight in to Newport’s history and happenings to just being an overall fun loving a great guy. Also a shout out to Dave our bellman. He was so friendly and accommodating tracking our things from one end of the resort to the other. Thank you to David, Alex and Dave for making our weekend away and our stay at Gurneys Newport a great experience. We look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear aeburtman,

Thank you for staying with us and it's pleasing to hear that David, Alex and Dave made your experience memorable. David Smiley does a fantastic job of leading the Newport team to exceed the expectations of our guests and it's great to hear that this was the case for you!

We hope to welcome you back to a Gurney's property in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

When I travel, I love to try new spas and relax by a great pool. This hotel did not disappoint. I booked myself and another family member for a facial with Arleen--she was wonderful. She put us at ease and professionally guided us around the beautiful facility. After enjoying the best facial I ever had, we were able to take advantage of the Spa patio where we rested, enjoyed wonderful views, and sipped on a delicious cocktail. I highly recommend the Smokey Eye Marguerita! The entire spa staff was welcoming and professional--I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GurneysResort, Manager at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Lorraine S,

Thank you much for your kind works and so pleased you and you family enjoyed your experience at the Spa. I am sure Arleen will be just as happy to hear about your experience as I was. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

My best,

David Smiley
Resort Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2018

the hotel is very beautiful and modern, was just passing through and had an unexpected but memorable stay. nice, friendly staff. lots of things to do to and in a beautiful place. rooms are pretty clean and well kept.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael N, General Manager at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for the quick trip to Gurney's Newport and for choosing to stay with us.

We know you have choices and we do hope that you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We were here for a wedding.
The hotel is beautiful as are the grounds.
The staff couldn’t be more helpful.

The walls are paper thin you can hear the toilet flushing in the next room.

There were very loud groups on either side of us that were so loud ( not their fault as they should be able to party in their room)
But it was as if I was in the room too.
It wasn’t quiet till after 3:00am

You can hear people in the hallways etc.

If you are a light sleeper you might want to look elsewhere!

The bar prices are out of control.
A small glass sparkling rose wine was 30$

There are many beautiful hotels in RI that are not as expensive that come w/ the same beauty Gurneys.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Michael N, General Manager at Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Simplyme79,

Thank you for staying with us in Newport and we appreciate the comments regarding the resort and staff.

I will address the feedback regarding the walls with the team as we shouldn't have noise after 11pm, not to mention hearing people in the halls.

We do hope that you'll join us again in the future and we appreciate the feedback.