Open today: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$135.08
from US$96.75
from US$89.99
23,500 results
All reviews diamond head great hike bring water spiral staircase worth the climb flip flops steep steps take your time worth the effort easy hike moderate hike wear good shoes walking shoes shaved ice gets hot lots of water awesome views
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Get up early and head to Dimond Head for amazing views of two parts of the island. The path is narrow and steep in some places, so if you're not accustomed to some exercise, this might not be the best experience for you. It will be very busy on the path if you wait until mid morning and afternoon. So beautiful to see the island from that vantage point and learn about the history of Diamond Head. The snack bar is great after you get back from the hike. Really friendly people and refreshing pineapple treats!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We hiked Diamond head and loved the view. How often do you get to go into an extinct volcano? The hike is strenuous enough for many but just about anyone can make it to the top. You may have to rest as often, but we met a couple +70 year old women who were almost to the top. Get there early as parking will be a challenge if you don't. We ended up parking right outside the park and walked in. You pay to park and pay to hike if you are not a Hawaii resident. The view is great from the top so remember to take a camera. We got refreshments when we got to the bottom. The pineapple smoothy served in the pineapple was my favorite.

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

I am so glad I can cross this off my bucket list. Honey! When I began my initial ascent up the side of this volcano, I was as graceful as a gazelle. Once the path turned to the natural terrain of rocks, stumps, and tree roots; I looked like a baby horse. By the time I hit the steps, whew! I was gasping for air. It was worth it because the views are phenomenal. The top of diamond head is proof that God exists. Go early to avoid the crowds!!

4  Thank LCBryant227
Reviewed 31 March 2021

The unpaved bits and staircases are in sharp contrast to each other. This is serious hike. With children, we do advise against this trek. Serious tiring trek.

Date of experience: March 2021
1  Thank T18Bird
Reviewed 31 March 2021

The fairly steep climb to the top (on mostly constructed path and stairs) is rewarded by a great view up top(including looking down on the Diamond Head Lighthouse. The Honolulu Pineapple Company also is set up at the base. It had the best frest fruit drinks and classic pineapple at the most reasonable prices in Honolulu. It would be worth the trip just to get a snack there.

Date of experience: March 2021