“Very dissapointed”

Burgers on the Edge
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is a NASTY PLACE. we went here because some of the reviews made it sound good. I had a Kobe Burger and it was not as good as what you get at Wendy's. The other 4 people in my party pretty much felt the same way about what they got. The price was decent ($36 for 3 people) but the food was not good at all.

Add to that the fact that the building is dirty, and the AC does not work and you have a place that I would say STAY AWAY.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I discovered this place because I moved into an apartment practically across the street from it, and was curious to try it. I am a vegetarian, but couldn't get enough of this place once I discovered their phenomenal veggie burger! It's made with quinoa, rather than the normal black beans or mixed veggies, which I was impressed with, and it was absolutely delicious.
The burgers are gourmet, made with high quality ingredients and grilled to perfection. This place will leave you feeling satisfied and thinking about your next visit, rather than bloated and sick. In my opinion, it is very pricey, so not a place I can afford to eat at on a weekly basis or anything, but it is more than worth it every once and a while. It's pricey for good reason!
The restaurant itself is small and nothing special. Definitely a humble decor and not a ton of indoor seating, but there are a good amount of tables outside as well. You place your order at the register, but then you can go sit and they'll bring your food to you when it's ready, and the staff is always friendly. This place comes highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stumbled across this little gem on one of our day trips. It is an upscale fast food restaurant (you order at the counter and they bring your food to you at your table) but delicious and appealing. You can custom order your burger -- different price points for different grades of beef (kobe, steak etc.), each burger priced according to the quality of beef. The burgers are fresh, a good size and tasty. Each burger comes with creative (suggested) toppings but you can customize any burger. They even had a veggie burger for my daughter. Get the fries too -- also delicious. The only downside is that the tables for eating are located on the edge of a shopping center -- and there are a lot of birds trying to eat the scraps!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have been here for 6 days and this place has the best burger by far, the other places are just try-hards. This place allows u to build a burger of any style u want, they also have an option for a Kobe beef style of patty! A+++

Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife and I had heard a lot of buzz about this place. Although we had other Oahu favorites, we were eager to find out if maybe this would become the top one for us. It's fine. Expensive burgers one can customize if the confusing chalkboard menu can be deciphered.

Although the music was blasting too much to be pleasant, the outdoor seating on busy Kapahulu Ave. with its own noise and toxic fumes kept us indoors.

After a reasonable wait the burgers were delivered. They were fine. However, with the amazingly intoxicating Honolulu Burger Company, great Kua Aina burgers, and Teddy's Bigger Burgers close by, this "fourth place" expensive burger place does not compel.