“Mom Daughter Time”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I had to go and try their Tom Yum Soup, was told it was super delicious. I tried it and it was very different, wouldn't say terrific though. Their Sweet Crispy noodles was very delicious and a item you can and would order again. The fried chicken was rally crispy and tasty

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I am one of those people who generally have little to say or only positives, however I experienced some of the worst service to date at this eatablishment. My husband and I ordered two entrees and two alcoholic beverages. During the ordering process, I knew our experience was going to be poor when the server could care less about the questions we had and was unwilling to offer suggestions. Rather, it is what it is.

My glass of wine came out and it was incredibly stale. It had obviously been sitting out, open for a period of time. When I confronted the waitress she literally stared at me and said she had just poured it. She was reluctant to take it back or apologize. I had to ask her to take it away because I was not going to drink it.

The worst part was the fact that my food arrived 15 minutes prior to my husband, inaccurate. We ate our meals and left having been so frustrated by the entite experience.

I would honestly stay clear of this establishment because at the end of the day, a smile and what can I do could have completely changed our experience.

1  Thank KaylaD139
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We've eaten here about 15 times and they have never disappointed. Very affordable, very fast, extremely delicious! This is easily the best Thai food I've ever experienced! You'd be a fool to not check this place out!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Both the food and service are top notch. The only problem I have is deciding which curry to order. I usually go for the siam jungle curry or pineapple curry but the drunken noodles are wonderful and their pad thai is great too. There are always lots of locals here which, to me is the sign of a great restaurant.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This place is located on Nimitz where the red awning is. Sensually Yours is on the same strip. That's the best way to describe it. Ha! There is usually a decent amount of parking in their lot.

I have been here many times and yes, the service is not consistent. When I'm with a mixed group during lunch hour, you can get less than favorable service. Today, we arrived around 2:15pm, all asians/mixed Thai (not to be racist) and received great service. The restaurant was not busy so I am sure that helped.

1st of all, if you're like me, you have your favorite(s) go-to Thai restaurant. I am no different. 2nd, the consistency of heat lacked today. We ordered everything medium. They all came out with different degrees of heat. Disappointing. Also, the flavors here are very prominent.

Panang curry. This is one of my favorites. I usually order the pineapply curry here but I changed it up. Their version has a strong peanut taste with tiny bits of peanuts chopped into it. It's also really thick which i love. The heat was more hotter than medium but not Thai hot. Def had kick to it. I ordered veggie with tofu and it had lots in it. Yet still, I think I'll stay with the pineapple curry here.

Yellow curry. Also had a nice kick to it and thick. I hate watery curry, so this works. Although I didn't order this I did try it. If you're fond of Indian cuisine, you'll like this. Def more on the Indian side. Mind you, they pile on the veggies, and give little meat. For me, a vegetarian, this is fine. For my brother, he wanted more meat.

Massuman curry. This was a disappointment. The meat was slivered and not chunks (like Malee, hint hint). Also it was very very mild. There was also a strong peanut taste that was not subtle. Now, although not bad, was not great. Malee and Chiang Mai do it better.

Fried chicken. I was told it was more like fried skin and cartilage. Very little meat. Skip this. Disappointment.

Ginger chicken. Taste was ok. Lots of slivered ginger and tons of bell peppers, onions. We asked for no mushroom. There is also very little chicken in this dish.

Thai Ice Tea. Theirs is usually good but today, had a strong black leaf taste, also like gasoline or something gone rancid. Def not good.

A child (maybe 6?) which I'll assume is one of the waitresses' kid was helping to clean tables, set up etc. One part of me thought it was endearing and good start to work ethics, but another part of me was a bit turned off as she was also eating cookies with another hand. I was wondering about how hygienic things were and what the girl actually touched food-wise.

I'll still patron this establishment, but will keep them on the back burner.