1,438 results
All reviews across the street moana terrace waikiki beach kealohilani tower elite member resort fee breakfast buffet ocean view abc store diamond head per day pool bar large hotel upgraded room honolulu zoo restaurants and shops mai tai
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed 2 nights before my cruise and I absolutely loved it! It was one of the best hotels I ever stayed at. It was spacious and clean. The balcony was huge. The beds were so comfortable and the shower pressure was amazing. I stayed in the K tower on the 5th floor. It was the highlight of my trip. My last day, I had a few hours to kill before leaving for the cruise port, but decided to stay in the room and enjoy the lovely balcony and views. Transport to the ship was well organized and seamless. I was sad to leave it behind. The hotel is beautiful and the gym is one of the best I've ever seen. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you Marriott for a wonderful start to my dream vacation. I really, really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Room 504 was very spacious, beds were comfortable, and water pressure excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2017

From the beautiful lobby to the nice welcome we received at the front desk our experience at this hotel was very good. Our room on the 23rd floor had a wonderful view of Diamondhead and the beach with no obstruction as we were higher than other hotels nextdoor. The hotel has some nice older charm with it's cavernous walkways with shops & eateries as well as car rental office and 2 convenience stores for all those last minute necessities. Even though it has the old world charm it is updated and modern. The 2 pools were nice (could be larger), excellent fitness room, yoga in the morning, and the hotel is located directly across from a nice protected beach which is excellent for swimming. Make sure you bring some goggles or mask to view the pretty colored fish that swim over and around the moss covered rocks near the breakwater wall. Cheeseburger In Paradise only 1 block away. It is also possible to stroll down the boulevard to town (about 15-20 minute walk). If you're not up to the walk just take the "pink" line bus on the side of the hotel to main shopping area/restaurants or Ala Moana Mall (only $2 each way!). The hotel does host large meetings which can be a bit annoying in the morning if you go to the 2nd pool early and during the middle of the week sometimes the hotel has the 2nd (smaller) pool closed for an event from 3pm on. All in all though i feel this hotel is an excellent choice with less street noise than downtown hotels.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank jayhoustontx
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The Marriott was our choice based on its proximity from the centre of Waikiki. That is, it was just outside the hustle and bustle. We had the Deluxe Ocean View Room, which presented a clear view of the gorgeous sunset and the Waikiki skyline.

The service and facilities were very good. The initial stumble we had at check in was sorted out on Day 3 by Wilson, the Hotel Manager. So I could not give it a perfect score.

Our go-to place for drinks and food at the hotel was Moana Bar and Terrace. Michael was good value, and shared some great insights into the history of Oahu. The wings were 'bomb'. The Japanese restaurant provided fast service and good food.

Other facilities include laundromat; pool; gym; spa; specialty stores; and of course an ABC store :-)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The rooms were decent, but they weren't anything special. The location is why this gets 5 stars. It is a 10 second walk from the hotel shops at basement level to get you to standing on Waikiki Beach. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful, great valet, and easy check-in/check-out. The rooftop pool area was also lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view or a partial ocean view - the sunrises and sunsets are so worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I booked this based on the photos on the hotel website...photos are VERY deceiving this property is not on the beach but rather across the street from the beach. Which would have been ok if they disclosed it. Their lack of pool photo was another big hint, their pool is very-very small considering the size of the hotel! We stayed on the 16th floor with partial ocean view, the room we got was a good size room. The breakfast buffet was a big disappointing and not on the cheap side either. Marriott waikiki is a nice property but if you are looking for resort type pool or on the beach property this is not it!

Room Tip: Parking is one extra $50 per night!!!!! so plan accordingly
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family