“Excellent Knowledge of the area but overpriced for what we got”

Aloha Private Tours
Ranked #57 of 367 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Customized tours of Oahu
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We booked this last minute and went over to Oahu for the day from The Island of Hawaii. We specifically wanted to see the Arizona Memorial and highlights of the island. Susie had gotten us tickets for the Arizona at 1:00pm, when we got there around 10:30am, she dropped us off and told us to meet her afterwards. We expected her to go in with us, as we had hired her for the day. We saw the USS Missouri first until our time for the Arizona, when we went to the Arizona tour we were not allowed to go on the memorial due to high winds, so the boat only took us around it. Apparently this occurs frequently in the afternoon in Oahu - which we did not know. I would have expected the tour guide to have knowledge of this and not have gotten us tickets for that time. By the time we got back to Susie it was 2:00pm, She tooks us to the spots to eat ( some that only the locals know) , Waikiki Beach, the high end areas of the island, pointed out where famous people live or where movies and shows were filmed, as well as some beautiful beaches. We enjoyed this. But when it came time to pay her, we had to pay for the entire day including the time she was not with us at the memorials.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 13 reviews
"pearl harbor"
in 17 reviews
"snorkeling with the turtles"
"awesome pictures"
"waikiki beach"
"susie"
in 171 reviews

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We got off the Norwegian cruise and had a few hours to kill in Honolulu.

Susie did an excellent job taking us around and giving us the flavor of the place and customizing it to our time and needs.

Really appreciate it

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I have been coming to the island for YEARS (since 2000) and have done a lot. But when I met Susie, she showed me lots of local spots that toursists don't know about, and even seasoned visitors like myself!! I was so stoked!! The best was snorkeling with the turtles!! I have swam with them, seen them on the beach, 1 or 2 in the water, but she took us to a place where there were 15!! We had so much fun, we had her take us back there again, and same again, turtles everywhere--baby ones, female, male, older ones--soooo cool! NEVER have seen that! We saw a movie on a private beach under the stars, ate at some more remote food trucks on the east side (most people got to north shore)--I had the BEST garlic shrimp since Macky's closed--that alone made my day! They were the best on the island and I was shocked they had closed; and I had tried the other trucks but was always left wanting. Plus, I found lilikoi cheesecake ice cream--and I'm nuts over anything passionfruit (lilikoi!). She had mango ice cream (local made) with fresh mangos from the tree!! Not canned etc. Was so neat this place-they sell all local toys, books, etc. I found a really cool funny book written by a local on how to talk pidgin :D This store has great little gems!! Susie knew lots of beach volleyball players, so we were able to play some games, and then go swimming right next to the court, all in perfect time for a sunset, and then fireworks after. She definitely knows how to treat you and show you things you would miss if you weren't from the island--even if you have been to Oahu before. Like I said, I've been going for years--if you want a truly unique, tailored, and local tour, book here!! Mahalo Susie and Bali for amazing memories!! I will look for you when I'm back in a couple months! Mahalo nui!! Aloha!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We just got home from a trip to Oahu we had one of the best times ever . Susie and Bali were excellent tour guides. Susie was very attentive to our needs and showed us a lot of places that we had never seen before her price was very reasonable and the kids absolutely loved getting to play with the famous surf dog from Hawaii.
I would highly recommend hiring her for the day she works around whatever schedule you need. Compared to other tours it is reasonably priced and well worth every penny spent... on top of that she takes awesome pictures that you can keep forever with your memories. After spending one day with her you will want to hire her again for another day!!!
I highly recommend Aloha Private Tours I'm just hoping next year she won't be too booked to have us again.