“Thai Food”

Bangkok Chef
Ranked #908 of 2,604 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

If you want fast Thai food, this is the place. I've been to 2 locations, Ewa Beach and Nimitz and food is pretty consistent. I love the fried noodles, medium. Service is hood and fast. Restaurants are clean.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I know I've had bad Thai food before but I can't remember anything as bad as this. Instead of a menu they should just advertise garlic and cilantro with anything. It was impossible to find any natural flavors. The pad thai was like eating garlic noodles. The satay was like eating garlic chicken. The mango salad should be called cilantro salad. I don't mind a hint of garlic but this was overwhelming. I confess I don't like Cilantro. The Tom Yum was tasteless. Never again.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

We went to Bangkok Chef after several of my friends highly recommended their food, and they were right. Everything that we ordered tasted wonderful and it came out fresh, attractively presented, temperature hot, and to the spice level that we ordered. The Pork Panang Curry, a first for us, left a lasting impression. The Pad Ki Mao is another winner. It's similar to Pad Thai except it's with chow fun style noodles. The Basil eggplant is always a favorite, although I wish they had cooked the eggplant a little longer. And a must try is the coffee tapioca, if you like tapioca pudding and coffee, you will be in heaven. Thai tapioca is different from American tapioca becsuse it is not custard like but usually uses coconut milk. The portions are quite generous. We left with a doggie bag, enough for another meal. And the prices are moderate, but considering the portions it is very worth it!

As for the ambience, it is like one giant room and the noise level can get loud if it is very busy. Service was outstanding! Our server was very friendly, polite, and professional. The food came out quite quickly, but they were not that crowded.
I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

Dined here for lunch for the first time. I ordered my favorite dish, Pad Kee Mow or Drunken Noodle with pork (Thai hot). It was perfectly cooked with a good amount of pork and veggies and the seasoning was soon on. My colleague ordered the Yellow Chicken Curry which looked delicious and apparently was as he ate it all. The place has a a good amount of seating so should have no problem getting a table at lunch. They have reserved parking spots outside the restaurant, but they are limited. Parking is otherwise a nightmare at lunch. I will certainly dive here again and give some other dishes a shot.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

We stop by this restaurant every time we head home from the movies! Whether eating in or picking up take out the food is excellent and the ingredients are always fresh! Having traveled to a Thailand many times the food variety is great! Staff are always welcoming ! If you are getting take out, consider getting the ala carte items if you have a family since we can easily feed a family of 4 adults with 3 dishes!

1  Thank Donna L