“Authentic and great plus nice people ! !”

Pae Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1,040 of 2,654 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 November 2015

We have been coming to This fine small "secret"restaurant for at least 10 years.
We love the food, owners and ambience, but the great food keeps bringing us
back. Plus, a little longer hours now ! We have tried most Thai places in Honolulu
after finding Pae Thai but Keep coming back. It is still our favorite restaurant !

Date of visit: November 2015

Reviewed 1 August 2015

If you eat at Pae Thai be sure to sit by their little water piece with all it's weird miniature creatures and Christmas lights. I think I saw one of them wink at me but I may have been hallucinating since I was so hungry after doing hot yoga. The owner is pretty nice and she didn't mind customizing my Panang Curry with extra veggies. As other Yelpers have noted there can be an issue with how hot you want your dish and how hot they actually make it. I like my curry really spicy, just short of requiring a trip to Queens ER for Gastro Intenstinal Reflux. Be insistent that you want your food really spicy, just not Thai hot and you'll get it. I also ordered their Thai Fried Chicken and that was the better tasting of the two dishes. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Thai curries but this place will do the job in a pinch but it's not going to blow your mind like other Thai places on the island.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Average food if you're craving Thai food and you're in the area. You're better off driving to Siam Garden or Chiang Mai

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

The chicken curry was very tasty. The service was good. The prices were reasonable. My only wish is that they served wine.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Honolulu. It is authentically Thai and the people who run it are very warm and friendly. They want you to enjoy your meal and the whole experience. The menu is extensive, with all the Thai dishes you'd expect including the tasty green papaya salad. Any eggplant dish is exceptional as well as the green curries. You can order brown rice instead of white or sticky rice. Even the tofu dishes are full of flavor. If you like your food spicy, you'll have to be very emphatic about really wanting heat, because they are reluctant to put too much spice in their dishes.
I would go there once a week, if I could, lunch or dinner, the service and food are always wonderful.

Date of visit: October 2014