“Holiday”
Review of Aqua Palms Waikiki

Aqua Palms Waikiki
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Great location friendly check in staff who explained everything to me. Had a room with a balcony and sea views, the room was clean and tidy very comfortable king bed have stayed here twice and will be beack

Room Tip: get a balcony and sea views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

While a nice place, it missed many things that should not be missed. Personnel are nice and mostly skilled. The room was dirty and not maintained. Outlet covers were missing, a real fire hazard. The fan/air cleaner had so much dirt I was afraid to turn it on. I asked it be cleaned or removed and it stayed for 8 days. The light shade was seriously busted up. It smelled. The mirror silver was deteriorated. It's location is primo. I cannot believe Hawaii allows the knucklehead homeless and petty street crime to thrive. While not bad, certainly should be better.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is the second time we stayed here. It is close to what we need in Honolulu. The people were friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I would have is the lighting in the bathroom was poor. My husband said it is not good shaving light and also horrible for applying makeup.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
AA H, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Aloha Barb and mahalo for sharing your review. We are very happy that you decided to stay with us again and that you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable bed, and friendly staff. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the bathroom lighting and will share your valuable feedback with our leadership team for careful review and improvement. We hope to welcome you again for an even better stay in the future. Mahalo and a hui hou!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Staying there on the recommendation of my Travel Agent I was very disappointed with the treatment received from the receptionist. She was rude, unaccommodating and really needs to go back to hospitality school. A smile and a helpful manner goes a long way to those people that are paying her wages - us!
To be put in a room with a king bed locked into a corner for a 70 year old for 3 days was totally unacceptable. We had to visit the her 3 times for decent accommodation and she was awful to the extent she made me cry....and I am supposed to be on holidays. I would give her 1 out of 10 and that is only because she finally apologised after I complained

Room Tip: Room on south side had a nice view and balcony. Air con didn't work for 3 days though.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hubba2015
AA H, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Aloha Hubba2015 and mahalo for sharing your review. We are very sad to hear that the service you received from our front desk was not up to the high standard of quality and aloha spirit we are committed to providing our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room and bed, and for the lack of care and concern that was shown in helping you find a solution. Your valuable feedback will be shared with our leadership team for careful consideration and improvement. We hope to have another chance to welcome you for a better stay in the future. Mahalo.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I stayed here several years ago and gave a decent review but noted some downsides.

This time the negatives outweighed the positives and I won't be back.

Again I booked a room with two queen beds. At checkin they again tried to say they had no availability but I refused to be stuck in a room with 1 bed and a pullout sofa like last time as the pullout was terrible. When they realised I was booked for 8 days they miraculously found a room.

The staff were generally polite and the tours lady was lovely.

Do not stay here if noise bothers you. The hotel really needs to install sound proof doors and windows. At 11:30PM the restaurant across the road (Kobe) appeared to have drains (maybe cooking oil?) cleaned. It went for over an hour and the truck was soooo loud that we couldn't sleep. Ridiculous that it is allowed to happen at this time of night!

Housekeeping was OK but not thorough. There were obvious places that were not cleaned. Several days they took our dirty towels but forgot to give us new ones, other times they forgot to leave us coffee and tea etc.

The toilet wouldn't turn off on one day. It flooded the bathroom. We called maintenance and they came quickly. We left the room. When we came back the toilet was fixed and the water in the bathroom cleaned up, but it had obviously kept flooding for a bit as the carpet was wet. They hadn't done anything to dry it and it caused the room to smell.

There were also ants in the bathroom and kitchenette area. We couldn't put anything in the bin (eg empty soda cans etc) as the bin would be overrun with ants.

The beds were OK but not super comfy. The pillows were hard.

The lighting in the room wasn't great.

It is great having a fridge although the shelf inside the door was broken so couldn't be used.

The microwave was great as was the coffee machine. The air conditioning was good.

The elevators are sloooow!

They now have a free shuttle between the various Aqua hotels and Ala Moana, but despite having a live tracking ap, it was impossible to work out where it would be and when as it didn't show Aqua Palms on the ap, so we never used the shuttle.

The noisiness of the room sealed the deal re me not coming back. It is night 7 of my stay and currently 12:05AM and the noisy truck is still going. When I called front desk to politely ask if they knew when it might end (I realise it isn't their fault) they didn't really care and just said "hopefully soon". We would actually like to get some sleep!! (I have foam ear plugs which I sleep with but I can still hear the noise!)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
AA H, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Aloha allie181 and mahalo for sharing your review. We are very happy that you decided to stay with us again but sad to hear that aspects of your stay were disappointing and less than exceptional. We apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced with the outside noise and the toilet overflow. The lapse in thoroughness and follow through from housekeeping and maintenance are not reflective of the high standard of cleanliness and quality we are committed to providing for our guests. We will share your feedback with our leadership team for careful consideration and improvement. If you would like to discuss your experience further please privately message us the with the name your reservation was under, the dates of your stay, your Aqua Hotels and Resorts confirmation booking number, your contact email address and phone number so that we may share it with our on-site team. We hope to welcome you for a more enjoyable stay soon. Thank you.