1,993 results
All reviewsthe hilton hawaiian villageacross the streetala moana blvdwailana coffee housefree applesfridge and microwavecoffee makerparking garage isfree shuttlemin walkdiamond headbeach towelsstreet noisewithin easy walking distancebus stoprental carsmall pool
Reviewed 11 May 2006

The hotel was very nice. Nicely decorated. Across from Hilton. This hotel was in walking distant of so many things, it worked out well for me and my 2 friends. We didnt mind walking, but there are always cabs. The hotel was such a good deal, and everything turned out great. Would defintely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank Pathfinder26911
Reviewed 9 May 2006

My husband and I stayed at Aqua Palms May 1-8. I extensivley researched to find a decent hotel for a resonable price, and for the most part Aqua Palms fit the bill.

First of all, some of the pictures on various websites are misleading. They make the lobby look big and spacious, however this is not the case. It's not a cave or anything but it is snug. The parking garage is a tight squeeze you might have issues if you're driving a bigger SUV. We had a honda pilot and managed just fine. There is always a parking garage attendant in the parking garage that checks you in and out each time, it's a bit annoying but worth the extra security. Parking is $15.00 a day, but seems about average for Honolulu. The people at the front desk were nice and extremely accomadating. We had searched for the lowest fare on the internet and found it at Tripres.com When we called the Aqua Palms they matched the price and took an extra $15.00 off. It get's better, a few days before our scheduled trip I checked the prices online again and saw that they had dropped even more. When we went to check in my husband showed them what we had found, and although they didn't match it they took another $60.00 off the price and threw in free breakfast. (Some people get offered breakfast others don't, I'm not quite sure their policy on this) We ended up paying $87.00/ night before taxes and surcharges we're added on. Breakfast isn't anything to write home about, but it is free. You get a danish, yougurt and a juice. The juice was always room temperature, but it was enough to get you going in the morning, but you could not survive on it alone. Another perk, you get to choose what time you want it delivered to your room. The elevators in the hotel are a NIGHTMARE! We would sometimes wait 5 minutes for the elevator. They have 3 elevators, and while the hotel has undergone extensive remodeling the elevator system has not. We were on the fifth floor and opted for the stairs most of the time. We were a little worried when when we got off the elevator the first time, the hallways were stifling! They were so hot and humid and I started second guessing our hotel choice. Once we got in the room though doubts vanished and we were fine. The rooms are comfortable and bright. Everything looks brand new. There is a mini fridge, microwave, and a few plates, cups, and utensils for your use. The rooms also have a tv with a built in dvd player. Everything in the room is extremely modern and up to date. The bed was extremely comfortable not to firm or soft. The bathroom has granite countertops and they have your basic shampoo, lotion, and soap. Housekeeping always got to our room in a timely matter and we never felt worried leaving anything valuable out. They do have a free safe in your room if your worried about that sort of thing. This hotel is close to lots of shopping and restaraunts. The beach is very close and you just have to cut through Hilton Hawaiian Village (Be careful or you will have hotel envy) The beach adjacent to hilton is not all that, if you want a good beach go down further toward diamond head and you will find waves that are rideable. Because of the Aqua Palms location it's alot easier to get in and out of honolulu. You're not in the thick of the city but close enough to enjoy all it has to offer, bring your walking shoes! If you want a good restaraunt reccomendation ask the front desk and they will give you an honest opinion. They even offered us a free coupon to the place we were going to. Another note, I didn't see ANY children here, I don't know if there really wasn't any or if I just didn't catch them. Never had any problems with noise from neighbors. Noise from the street was a different story. I don't know if Ala Moana (the street the hotel is on) is popular for street racing but you could hear it going on at night. We were always so tired it didn't really bother us much, if you're worried about ask to stay on the back side of the hotel that faces residental housing. Stay with your laundry if you use the laundry room. Some guy got his jeans stolen out of the dryer (at least they left his underwear!) and wasn't too happy about it. All and all we had a nice stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006
26  Thank Rebley
Reviewed 1 May 2006

Aqua Palms is a rare breed of hotel now a days. I have worked in many hotels and it is one of the finest and best priced I've seen. Depending on which room you choose the Aqua Palms includes many of the extras that other hotels no longer offer. For example they have complimentary coffee in the mornings, free internet service, free local calls, a spa and much more! Also the front desk's staff and travel desk is incrediably friendly, knowledgable and ready to help. The best part is that it is priced less then other hotels that offer much less. It has also been recently renovated so the decor is lovely. It is one of the best deals in town, that's for sure!

20  Thank RikkieW1
Reviewed 1 May 2006

My friend and I went away for 5 days and stayed at the Aqua Palms based on all the wonderfull reviews from this website. I would have to agree with the positive ones. The location was perfect just a short walk through the Hilton to a not so busy beach. We were just about a 10 minute walk to the Ala Moana shopping center just around the corner. This is were all the locals go not to mention a fantastic Ross store, Walmart and Sams club that's were the most amazing deals can be found. The hotel was very clean, the continental breakfast wasn't the healthiest meal but it was a very nice touch being brought up to you at whatever time you requested it for. The staff was very friendly. The only suggestion I have is that when you check in you are given a voucher for a free bag from expedia be sure to pick it up within 24hours or they won't give it to you. I guess it's their chance to try and get you to book some tours towards the beginning of your stay. The pool was L shaped and to be honest I never saw anyone there but then again the beach is so close. Don't forget to pick up your large beach towels from the front desk. As for dining we really recommend a Thai restaraunt called Singha right on the corner diagnal from the Hilton it's a bit pricey but one of the best Thai places we have ever eaten at. Also the Cheese cake factory is a must great value, portions and location. All in all this hotel is perfect for the price don't hestitate to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2006
17  Thank BackPacker35351
Reviewed 30 April 2006

Couldn't have picked a better location. I stayed at the Hale Koa (military resort 1 block away) for 3 days and moved over to the Aqua Palms for 3 days. As mentioned previously - Aqua Palms is directly across Ala Moana Blvd from Hilton Hawaiian, Hale Koa, etc.

Rooms great, amenities great. No closet in my room - but an armoire to store clothes. Microwave and fridge nice! A few tips - whether you are or are not military - check out the "Barefoot Bar" on the beach at the Hale Koa. The only place at the Hale Koa that they do not card for military IDs, and I guarantee you they make the best (and least expensive) Mai Tais in Waikiki. Beautiful sunsets from this location. MaiTais are pretty powerful, but hey - you can walk back to the hotel. Some bartenders have been at this bar for 25+ years.

As mentioned before - the beaches at this end of Waikiki are the best! If you are military or DoD - you can park in the Hale Koa parking lot versus the Aqua Palms. Aqua Palms parking lot is $15 per day. $12 per day at Hale Koa - or you can buy an advance pass (for a 3 day minimum) for $6 per day to park at the Hale Koa. The parking lot is so big, if you park at the far end, you can walk out of the parking lot practically at Ala Moana Blvd. Cross the street and you are at the hotel. To get to this parking lot, from Ala Moana Blvd, make a right on Kalia Rd, and make the left at the second light - you'll see the parking lot on your left.

One last tip, google Waikiki Beach Cams, and the first link that will come up is the Duke Kahanamoku statue in Waikiki. That cam is a living post card. Called ALL my friends from this statue. It's on Kalakaua - a ways down. It is beach accessible, but it's at least a mile away. Nice walk tho'!! Have fun!!

Stayed: April 2006