“The Best Staff and The Best Value”
Review of Aqua Palms Waikiki

Aqua Palms Waikiki
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 24 October 2010

You have got to check this place out! The rooms are so clean and spacious. You just can't ask for more. I know this because I'm a local resident of Hawaii and I've stayed everywhere here. Seriously for the cost you get so much plus you're so close to Ala Moana shopping center you can walk there in ten minutes. The most impressive aspect of this hotel are its staff members. Every single staff member I interacted with were so kind and friendly. Especially Nichole and Venus they were just the nicest people you can only dream of being helped by. Believe me I am not easy to please but those two girls just had such a kind way about them I could not help but feel absolutely welcomed. They were so concern about my happiness I knew for sure I choose to right place to stay. Check this place out you will not regret it!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 22 October 2010

I wondered if Aqua Palms needed yet another glowing review, but it was SO GOOD I felt I had to gush a bit.

The thing is, Aqua Palms did what no other hotel in my experience had done before: made me feel 100% welcomed, 100% valued and 100% at home. Wow. And for so little!

I would be honoured to go back!

PROS:
The little touches at AP is what made our stay. You'll see things on this list that other hotels just don't offer.

-noticeably friendly service; the staff really goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed
-free apples and coffee in the lobby
-a party for the guests on Wednesdays including free drinks, popcorn, chocolate fondue, music (so fun!)
-beach towel service
-fridge, microwave, coffee maker
-daily coffee refills in the room
-flat screen TV (but not HD feed) with lots of channels
-digital climate control
-small balcony
-quiet (we were on the back of the hotel, away from the main street)
-parking in the building (but at a cost)
-great water temperature and pressure in the shower
-has a pool (didn't try it), but it's outdoors and very small
-across the street from the Hilton, which has a little village and great beach you can use
-other nice touches like glass drinking glasses, a soap dish on the sink

CONS:
-$20/day for parking
-shower stall only; no bathtub
-nowhere to hang towels
-pool is small
-furniture and room has some wear/outdatedness
-room was small, although we found room for all of our stuff and ourselves with no problems

1  Thank msa75
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Could not check in until exactly 3:00.
We were traveling for business with enormous bags - hotel did not have self service luggage carts - we were at their mercy - they would bring the bags up. We were anxious to get to the beach BUT we waited for over an hour for our bags.
They have beach towels but you have to trade a card for a towel. Good luck with the lines so long at the counter - and only one person working the desk.
The elevators are terribly slow and there are only three - so once you finally get in the elevator, you stop on EVERY floor.
No wifi except in the lobby. They have a business center BUT every printed page is 75 cents!!!
The rooms are fine - the balcony is nice. The housekeeping was great. The location is great for the price you pay. And speaking of - for what we paid - the overall experience was good. If we had paid $1 more, we'd be upset,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The staff at the Aqua Palms was very professional and helpful. My stay with Aqua superceeds any Hilton or Sheraton. The Front Office manager, Keola takes guest service to another level and his staff follows in his footsteps. The location is perfect as I attended a convention at the convention center which is just a 10 minute walk away. This is the place to stay if you waant to be out of the hustle and bustle of Waikiki but close enough if you want to venture for some night life. I would recommend this place because of the staff.... from housekeepers to front desk. I will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Well, we booked this hotel based on not only value but the positive reviews we read on both Trip Advisor and Expedia. I am wondering if we stayed at the same hotel. Check in was smooth and staff was friendly. The problems arose when we actually arrived to our room which was quite run down and smelled extremely musty. The odor was overwhelming. The room was also awkwardly furnished--no night stands by the bed which meant the lamps were across the room. ??? The tub was clogged, bathroom left less than clean, safe didn't lock, furniture was heavily scratched, and there were (dirt?) spots on the walls. It was not good. I travel quite frequently and this was one of the shabbiest rooms I have stayed in. I will say, however, that maintenance and housekeeping promptly came up to fix the safe, as well as deodorize the room so I give them kudos for that. The big screen TV was also nice and the bed/pillows were comfortable. I think this hotel has some potential but if you are a discerning traveler, you will be highly disappointed.

1  Thank LosAngelesCatlover