2,005 results
All reviews the hilton hawaiian village across the street ala moana blvd wailana coffee house free apples fridge and microwave coffee maker diamond head min walk free shuttle beach towels within easy walking distance bus stop rental car small pool sofa bed partial ocean view
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I wondered if Aqua Palms needed yet another glowing review, but it was SO GOOD I felt I had to gush a bit.

The thing is, Aqua Palms did what no other hotel in my experience had done before: made me feel 100% welcomed, 100% valued and 100% at home. Wow. And for so little!

I would be honoured to go back!

PROS:
The little touches at AP is what made our stay. You'll see things on this list that other hotels just don't offer.

-noticeably friendly service; the staff really goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed
-free apples and coffee in the lobby
-a party for the guests on Wednesdays including free drinks, popcorn, chocolate fondue, music (so fun!)
-beach towel service
-fridge, microwave, coffee maker
-daily coffee refills in the room
-flat screen TV (but not HD feed) with lots of channels
-digital climate control
-small balcony
-quiet (we were on the back of the hotel, away from the main street)
-parking in the building (but at a cost)
-great water temperature and pressure in the shower
-has a pool (didn't try it), but it's outdoors and very small
-across the street from the Hilton, which has a little village and great beach you can use
-other nice touches like glass drinking glasses, a soap dish on the sink

CONS:
-$20/day for parking
-shower stall only; no bathtub
-nowhere to hang towels
-pool is small
-furniture and room has some wear/outdatedness
-room was small, although we found room for all of our stuff and ourselves with no problems

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msa75
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Could not check in until exactly 3:00.
We were traveling for business with enormous bags - hotel did not have self service luggage carts - we were at their mercy - they would bring the bags up. We were anxious to get to the beach BUT we waited for over an hour for our bags.
They have beach towels but you have to trade a card for a towel. Good luck with the lines so long at the counter - and only one person working the desk.
The elevators are terribly slow and there are only three - so once you finally get in the elevator, you stop on EVERY floor.
No wifi except in the lobby. They have a business center BUT every printed page is 75 cents!!!
The rooms are fine - the balcony is nice. The housekeeping was great. The location is great for the price you pay. And speaking of - for what we paid - the overall experience was good. If we had paid $1 more, we'd be upset,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The staff at the Aqua Palms was very professional and helpful. My stay with Aqua superceeds any Hilton or Sheraton. The Front Office manager, Keola takes guest service to another level and his staff follows in his footsteps. The location is perfect as I attended a convention at the convention center which is just a 10 minute walk away. This is the place to stay if you waant to be out of the hustle and bustle of Waikiki but close enough if you want to venture for some night life. I would recommend this place because of the staff.... from housekeepers to front desk. I will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Well, we booked this hotel based on not only value but the positive reviews we read on both Trip Advisor and Expedia. I am wondering if we stayed at the same hotel. Check in was smooth and staff was friendly. The problems arose when we actually arrived to our room which was quite run down and smelled extremely musty. The odor was overwhelming. The room was also awkwardly furnished--no night stands by the bed which meant the lamps were across the room. ??? The tub was clogged, bathroom left less than clean, safe didn't lock, furniture was heavily scratched, and there were (dirt?) spots on the walls. It was not good. I travel quite frequently and this was one of the shabbiest rooms I have stayed in. I will say, however, that maintenance and housekeeping promptly came up to fix the safe, as well as deodorize the room so I give them kudos for that. The big screen TV was also nice and the bed/pillows were comfortable. I think this hotel has some potential but if you are a discerning traveler, you will be highly disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LosAngelesCatlover
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We have got via their web page very good price (65 usd per room) and were bit suspicious but the hotel was very nice, clean and well located at the beginning of Waikiki which is about 15-20 of nice walk. Just 5 min is the biggest shopping mall in Honolulu. In front of the hotel is bus stop (easy to got to the aiport or from the aiport). Famous Hilton Hawaiian village is just cross the stree. This hotel is not a resort but I can fully recommend it for this money. At the reception you can rent a car for quite good price and take a round trip of oahu - its a must do. Dont miss it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple