“Waikiki Favorite”

Regency on Beachwalk Waikiki by Outrigger
Reviewed 9 December 2007

I made a reservation at the Outrigger Regency on my friend's recommendation. After viewing their website and reading the reviews, I was excited about my weekend stay. I travel to Hawaii often and have stayed in many of the Waikiki hotels, and the Outrigger Regency takes the cake.

My room was on the top floor, which offered an ocean view, as well as a view of the park below. Contemporary furnishings and stainless steel appliances lend to a feeling of luxury. Unlike my previous stays at other hotels in the area, I was able to relax in a quiet and clean environment (hordes of tourists fighting for the elevator).

I found the staff very courteous and quick to respond to any requests. Thank you for the great experience and I will see you again on my next visit

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank kai44

Reviewed 24 October 2007

We chose this hotel based on the reviews we read on this website. Booking is done on-line using the Outrigger Hotel Resort website. We stayed 2 nights early Oct 2007.

It was a night check-in for us, no problem, everything was a breeze, no porter (well at least for night check-in). Front desk staffs were nice, friendly, helpful and humorous; gave my little girl the Outrigger Kids backpack with utilities which was for minimum stay of 3 nights, so it was very nice; enquired about possible ways to get to Byodo-In Temple, and front desk went all the way to make additional calls to TheBus and length of the journey and also for a possible flat fee cab, they also gave me good sensible advises and at the end of the day when they saw us coming back, they followed up and checked with us did we make the trip and how was everything; did lots of shopping and we needed some tape, front desk had duct tape and was readily to let us used it and even joked with my mum whether it was to be used on my dad.

The hotel exterior is not impressive, but nice lobby, free ice tea and coffee in the morning. Location is great, quiet, safe and beach is less than a block away but they do not provide beach mat or towel. There is no pool but we can use the sister property, Outrigger on the Reef. ABC store next door was extremely convenient and there were quite a few new shops and restaurants just beside/nearby.

Our family of 4 stayed in a two-bedroom suite, city view. It was furnished in a chic contemporary style, looks exactly like the pic on the hotel website, overall very clean, new and comfortable. And the safe box use was free.
There were some minor stuffs; aircon works perfectly but only 1 remote control for the whole suite; flat panel TVs in every room and sitting area (total 3 TVs), so no fighting over which channel to watch but only 2 remote controls; the smaller bedroom does not have its own aircon unit, air flow is shared with the sitting area , therefore the sliding Japanese window or room door needs to be opened in order to enjoy the cold air continuously (lack of privacy); 1 of the bedside lamp was thought to be not working, called front desk and help was sent right away, verified to be the dimmer switch that had fell onto the floor was dimmed all the way down, but later when I off the main light switch the other table lamp and the alarm clock went off, this made me realised that the alarm clock and the originally “faulty” lamp was plucked into the wrong sockets, made the switched and everything worked perfect.
Kitchenette was stocked with basic utensils enough for 4 of us but there was no kettle just a coffee maker. Somehow, not sure could it be due to the place was so brand new, even the water from the tap had a strange “new” taste. It would be nice if bottled water was provided; also couple of sockets were not working but there were plenty around at other parts of the counter.
Bathroom was large but only shower available; sink was also "contemporary" type and was raised from counter, the height was very high, not so accommodating to my Asian height and definitely inaccessible for my little girl. Descend counter top size, in fact found the depth to be too far in, causing the wall mirror to be set too in for close up. It would be nice if there was a smaller retractable type or additional side mirror.

Overall, we had enjoyed our stayed very much.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank MKSin
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Date: 23rd October 2007
We have just returned from a wonderful holiday staying at the Outrigger Regency on Beachwalk. We had a 5 night stay then went to Big Island for 2 nights returning for another 5 nights. The accomodation was just wonderful. We travelled with our 2 daughters who are 14 and 23 which was great as they had their own bedroom as we stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. The accomodation included 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom with a kitchenette. The furnishing was very modern and comfortable ( not that we spent a lot of time in the room) but when we were there we felt at home. The balcony was huge with a great view of the city lights. The service received from the front desk to the very happy manager to the cleaners and all other staff was impeccable. They were always smiling and very helpfull. Nothing was a problem to assist in any way. The accomodation does not have a pool but a 3 minute walk to the Outrigger Reef on the Beach had a beautiful pool and spa which we could use. It was great going to the beach then dropping in for a dip on the way home. The location of this accomodation was great as it took a minute to walk to all the shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend this accomodation and look forward to returning at a later date. I thank the staff for a great stay. Will be back again.

2  Thank goldy09