I give this hotel an average rating because it truly is a "budget" hotel. You get what you pay for. If your vacation involves being out all day and only needing a place to crash at night, then this is the place for you. Very basic amenities. It's a bit old. Tub was dirty. Towels were worn and paper thin. Walls were thin too. Asked for a crib twice and it never came. Housekeeping is only available during the day. I was only there at night to sleep so those issues didn't bother me. Close enough to the beach and activities but far enough away that you avoided crowds. I would stay here again if I were going to stay in Honolulu for a couple of days. More than 3 nights would be pushing it.
AVOID THE PARKING GARAGE! It's $16 a night as a hotel guest. They only accept cash. You have to check into the hotel before you can park your car and there's no clear signage explaining that until you pull in and create a traffic jam! Once I parked I asked the attendant if I needed to pay $16 for both nights I was planning to be there. She said, "As long as you don't move your car, you are fine." I didn't move the car out of the garage for the two nights I was there. As I was leaving and after I checked out of the hotel, the attendant demanded another $16. I explained what I was told and he said, "You are the second person today who said that. That is not how it works."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel. Serving as the entrance into Waikiki, located conveniently along the Ala Wai Canal, just blocks to the sands of the mighty Pacific, the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel offers the perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions of Honolulu. Nestled in the heart of Honolulu, the Hawaiian Monarch is the ideal hotel for attending functions at the Hawaii Convention Center, shopping at the world-famous Ala Moana Center, and exploring the many boutique shops along Kalakaua Avenue. Shopping and dining can be found in any price range surrounding the hotel, not to mention picturesque Waikiki Beach, known as "the birthplace of surfing", and home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hawaiian Monarch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaiian Monarch Honolulu
- Hotel Hawaiian Monarch
- Hawaiian Monarch Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii