Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
US$248
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$202
US$190
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

The Modern Honolulu(Honolulu)
US$199
US$413
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Things that surely can be evaluated positively are:
- polite staff at the front desk & the cleaning ladies
- location
- additional services available in the hotel/surroundings

It's a really good place for those who are not looking for a luxurious interiors, but rather plan enjoying the island during most of the day and just come back to sleep and rest. There was everything we needed for a medium-term stay like a refrigerator and microwave, so it was possible to prepare simple meals and get a breakfast quickly in the morning. The beds were wide and comfortable.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer a nice view on the city
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We booked through Hotwire, if I had known they would book this hotel for us I would never have done it. The internet was down the 4 days we were there. The excuse was it was down in all Waikiki...odd as it was available at a cost everywhere we went nearby, which we had to do to make our plans. We came for the marathon so not having an ice machine or be able to soak in a tub ( only a half tub that all the glazing was peeling off). We were refunded the amenities fee, I would have rather had the amenities and enjoyed my stay in Honolulu. I looked into taking the $750 for the four days as a loss and move to another hotel but due to the marathon it was almost impossible. We were on the 20th floor so didn't have the street noise other people complained of. When I read the reviews after my hotel was booked I was very worried about this hotel. They staff were pleasant and stated that this is a "basic" hotel. I may be wrong but wifi, ice and an undamaged tub should be expected in any basic hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps the condo side is better
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank luvthesunnrum
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Stayed in a penthouse and the view was amazing but wished there was a balcony. Good location, 10 to 15 minute walk to beach, shops and restaurants. Furniture in rooms dated but place was clean. Would I stay there again?...probably not.

Room Tip: Penthouse is a must!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I stayed at room on 26th floor as vacation rental. It has a kitchen and two single beds as well as big window with canal view. The facility has a big pool with jacuzzi and laundry on 5th floor. You can enjoy the view of DeRussy park from there.
The location is very good for walking to center of Waikiki, Ala Moana shopping center, Convention Center and Mccully/MoiLiiLi where there are a big discount supermarket, Don Quijote, and reasonable restaurants just the other side of Ala Wai canal. All are walking distance.
There is a grocery store, bakery and cute restaurant on the first floor.
You can get on the the BUS, #2 and #4 at the stop at "Kalakaua Ave. + McCully St." and #8, #19, #20, #23, #42 and #98A at "Ala Moana Bl + Opp Kalia Rd" by five minutes on foot.
Well.., the room might depend on the owner. Fortunately, the room is cozy and clean with WiFi and basic cable TV included. Reasonable price. One thing the facility needs update is laundry on 5th floor, though.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view either city or Diamond Head.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 20 November 2016

On my arrival at Reception I was informed that although I believed I had paid fully on my booking prior to arrival, the Hotel charged me an additional $10 per day for the "..privilege of using the "facilities"...". This was charged although the Hotel had closed its poolside and pool for repair for a full month. In addition, although the Hotel provides a safe for secure storage in each room, this was at an additional daily charge of $3; ie the safe obviously is not falling within the Hotel's "facilities" charged at the $10 per day!! Otherwise the room was clean, sufficiently large and the cleaning personnel were good. The Hotel should be more upfront with ALL its actual costs and not mislead guests by a Policy of ....catch 'em on the "cheaper booking" then hit them with the REAL charges when they arrive!!

Room Tip: I had a view away from the ocean BUT the view inland over the mountains is also fascinating and relaxing.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo