Hawaiian Monarch Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ambassador Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsthe ala wai canalcoffee makerconvenience storepenthouseabc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Nykky at the front desk got me a room without a prior reservation and no charge for early check in. Good service! I will be back. This hotel has come a long way back. The 7/11 next door is convenient for early coffee.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 nights in the condo section booked through another source. This place is almost like staying in the ghetto.

Whilst the room wasnt anything special (get what you pay for) the window for the room is hard to open/close and can be easy to fall out of thereby being unsafe, especially those with children as there is no fly screen despite being up pretty high.

Throughout the duration of our stay our floor and room constantly smelled of cigarettes and marijuana despite there being a no smoking policy enforced upon the building. We addressed this issue to the building security who did nothing about it

Power outlets are hard to come by and if by chance you do find one its in a hard to reach place, laundry costs $6, the staff and security act like they are doing you a favour just by doing what they are paid to do and should NOT be working in a hotel residence. Dont even bother going to the spa, there is no heat.

To top it off we recieved a noise complaint and was fined $25 due to the condo residents (who are smoking up the place btw) because our door kept "slamming" which is a maintenance issue due to our door being faulty and instead of being informed by security that they had recieved compliants they let it wait until the complaints built up and decided to fine us without a warning (going back to my point of incompetent and rude staff)

--Too long didnt read--
- Arrogant staff
- Incompetent/lazy security
- Some hallways smell like cigs/weed
- Overpriced Laundry
- Building residents are arrogant
- Elevators take 6 years to get anywhere
- Building needs a serious overhaul as it is still stuck in the 1980s

Would not reccomend this place. It can easily ruin your holiday, opt for spending more for a 100% better quality stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeanuTW
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I found the place close for shopping food etc but always a twenty minutes walk to go near a beach. Plus no chair available unless you pay for it 12$us per day.
Also the place has a smell of dampness in the corridor...the condo apartment are clean
inside . First time in a condo apartment has a vacation and last time.
Hawaii isn't for people who loves to swim in the ocean Wakiki is just full of rocks
other places in the Bahamas are nicer than Wakiki beach.
Pearl Harbor is a tourist attraction but a Tour to see more of Honolulu and the Dole
plantation is worth it if you have to pick one of them.
To just conclude if you want a city near a beach full of rocks this is the place very high buildings.

If you want beauty, go to Turk & Caicos this is Paradise and much closer.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liette
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Things that surely can be evaluated positively are:
- polite staff at the front desk & the cleaning ladies
- location
- additional services available in the hotel/surroundings

It's a really good place for those who are not looking for a luxurious interiors, but rather plan enjoying the island during most of the day and just come back to sleep and rest. There was everything we needed for a medium-term stay like a refrigerator and microwave, so it was possible to prepare simple meals and get a breakfast quickly in the morning. The beds were wide and comfortable.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer a nice view on the city
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We booked through Hotwire, if I had known they would book this hotel for us I would never have done it. The internet was down the 4 days we were there. The excuse was it was down in all Waikiki...odd as it was available at a cost everywhere we went nearby, which we had to do to make our plans. We came for the marathon so not having an ice machine or be able to soak in a tub ( only a half tub that all the glazing was peeling off). We were refunded the amenities fee, I would have rather had the amenities and enjoyed my stay in Honolulu. I looked into taking the $750 for the four days as a loss and move to another hotel but due to the marathon it was almost impossible. We were on the 20th floor so didn't have the street noise other people complained of. When I read the reviews after my hotel was booked I was very worried about this hotel. They staff were pleasant and stated that this is a "basic" hotel. I may be wrong but wifi, ice and an undamaged tub should be expected in any basic hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps the condo side is better
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family