US$198
US$323
US$269
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
US$270
US$372
US$239
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent experience. Staff were friendly and social, sun terrace was beautiful with sun all day long. Close enough to shops, beach and restaurant. Good price for what is on offer! Would stay again!

The only downside was finding holes in the bedsheets otherwise an overall superb stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CamillaKimmy
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I had a recent business meeting in Honolulu and my family decided to join me :-). It was cost prohibitive for me to book 2 hotel rooms at the Convention hotels.So we looked at various alternatives and found this location through Airbnb - a first for us.
After reading all the reviews, mapping its location and proximity to the Hawaiian Convention Center, we settled on this location.
Our flight arrived near midnight local time after having left the East coast around noon. We finally got to our condo, exhausted and tired. The ride from the airport was about 20 minutes. We got our keys and decided to park our car. We were surprised to learn that parking was $25/day - CASH for guests, payable upfront. Fortunately, we were able to muster some cash and pay in advance for the next several days and parked our car. We then proceeded to check into our condo. The entrance to our condo led us to 2 doors, each leading to an individual room/unit.
The rooms were modest, each with a queen bed and individual bathrooms. They each had a tiny kitchenette, refrigerator and sink.
We crashed and slept for a few hours to wake up to brilliant sunshine and spectacular views. The rooms were average, and the bathrooms really needed an upgrade with metal streaks in the bathtub and caulk falling off from various areas.
I somewhat knew this but was surprised to how shoddy it was. But, we were not staying here for the amenities but rather the location and lower cost. It was in Waikiki, near the other big hotels, convention center and the beach - all within a 10-15 minute walk. And I feel, this is where this hotel/condo delivered.
We had a great time and I do not recall anyone one ever complaining about the hotel or their room. We were able to get out every day and do what we wanted. Several chain stores like 7-11 and ABC are nearby for any amenities you may need and the the prices were comparable to the mainland.
Overall, I would say, our stay was a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Can get noisy, choose a higher floor, parking is cash only and $25/day
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kidzdad
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

The location is the only thing good about this place. The rooms are filthy! The bathtub has not been properly cleaned in years! The beds are very hard, the pillows are flat, the sheets are not changed regularly. The walls and carpets are dirty. Don't even think of sitting on the room chairs without a towel. No wifi in rooms and is hit & miss in the "business centre". The attached parking is a rip off, they only have a 24 hour option. Cash only and they complain about writing a receipt. They never marked down my departure time and so I had to pay twice in the same day. Stay away from the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel ! I met several other people in the elevator that said the same things. By the way, elevators were always malfunctioning. Most days 1 or 2 of six , operating, leading to long waits. The place has a very bad odor.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jenkoman
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Great amenities. Lovely pool, spa pool and BBQ area but the BBQ could do with a flat plate as well as the grill.
Nykky was most helpful at Check out time calling a shuttle and ringing through to confirm ongoing places for us.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ilmfdine
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I'm embarrassed for the Malihinis (Visitors) who come from all around the world to come visit the beautiful Hawaii Nei and have booked this hotel.

Please avoid staying here, unless you don't care about customer experience. It doesn't exist here at the Hawaiian Monarch. It used to...

When I was younger, this was a popular go to place to stay and the night club used to host a line waiting to just get in.

Today, it is barely a whisper of what it should be.

Upon my arrival, the front desk guy who greeted me was not very welcoming. In fact, he's the opposite. In his very monotone and unenthusiastic voice with his blank facial expression, he checked me in. Actually, it was a painful process that doesn't blend in well with the Aloha spirit.

I did like his unique "Bowl" style haircut.

When I got into my room, it seemed okay at first glance but when I continued to settle in and unpack, I started to notice the unpleasant details.

The rug. It's in many shades of green. Green mildew. Green stains. Green mold. Faded green to yellow patches from possible stain washes in the last several years.

The furniture looks like items you may find on the street side walks to be repurposed to use as new furniture.

Even the small refrigerator sits on the floor by the entrance door (#ghetto) - which makes it difficult to open and close the fridge.

There's no wifi in the rooms but there is wifi in the laundry room.

The hotel charges a $10.00 per day "resort fee", you would think they can work in a way for wifi.

[Small note: just a heads up, the swimming pool is a salt water pool]

The second desk person I met there was a young woman who was very charming and engaging. We chatted and she had a very nice disposition. I had asked about extending my stay to a later check out. She told me to call the front desk in the morning of check out.

I called and recognized her voice, she told me the hotel was fully booked and I couldn't have my late check out.

Well, I was a little sad but then, that sadness turned into being upset when I logged into Orbitz Com and discovered there were rooms available when I was told it wasn't.

I don't like liars.

My trip wasn't horrible, I spent most of my time with friends and family.

Finally, when I checked out, there were 4 people behind the front desk. I stood there for a minute.
Finally, with no greeting, I was asked, "do you need help?"

I looked at all four them and thought, no wonder this hotel is a slum. They don't have the right people working here.

I hope by reading this you'll find something else on our beautiful island as better accommodations.

If you're young and don't care - this is the place for you.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends