Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
US$322
US$249
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$350
US$289
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewstropical studiorented unitbeep beepcaptain cookgreat locationwashing machinedelivery trucksacross the streetsofa bedstay there againgreat place to staystayed here for nightsminute walk to the beachair conditioningshopping and restaurantsocean viewmicrowave
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This Studio condo/hotel The Tropical Studios In Heart Of Waikiki also advertising as the Tropical Studios At Marine Surf on 364 Seaside Ave in Honolulu is a total scam! They advertise at $75.00 per night with a low price guarantee and then when you try to book the room they jack up the price to over $185.00 per night with almost $400 dollars in extra charges! When I called the Hotel directly the gentleman I talked to was rude, cut me off while I was talking and called me stupid! I also asked them what dates the $75.00 per night price was for and they could not give me an answer! After I hung up the guy at the hotel called me back to call me stupid again then he hung up on me! Make sure you don't go to the Tropical Studios Of Waikiki and be sure to make sure that any other Hotel you are trying to book will not pull the same bait and switch on you while adding on hundreds of dollars of add on charges that are not advertised online as they should be!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

good unit in very handy location close to bus stops, Ross across the street and Royal Hawaiian centre at the end of the street., second time stayed here, recommend higher level, book through Captain Cook rentals, what you see in the photos is what you get.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Small condo with high prices. We wanted to stay for 6 days but the owner would not accept a booking of less than 1 week. Thus we paid for a day we didn't need.

The condo has a service fee of $US69 no matter how clean you leave it.

Marine Surf is in a great location so I guess that's why they charge so much. I will look for better value for money if I come back to Waikiki.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2017

The customer it's horrible -Run from here... Lots crazy people walking around - loud music - management should change - they receptionist its rude people ...
Very rude they make u wait and treat u like a dog ..

Run ....

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank billmtr
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Sisters Trip to Hawaii- we usually take a yearly summer trip to Oahu (less often now that I am living in New York City) but it's always great to come back to this magical island

First impressions: There was A LOT of construction going on when we stayed here. On top of that, the building is super hard to find, we kept driving around in circles and it took forever to find and even then, we pulled into the wrong lot. The owner of the unit left keys in an envelope for us in the mailbox (unlocked mailbox, I guess they were counting on people not poking around the mailboxes... that's a whole lot of trust).

The studio was ok, really very basic. We only needed it to sleep and shower. For the price it was well worth it. Super close to Waikiki beach, free parking, and wifi. The studio was clean, the owner even left us a little gift of aloha, pancake mix. Very thoughtful. There were some bugs in the kitchen, and we rinsed off all the cups before using it to make tea but nothing that ruined our stay. Bathrooms were very clean, no shampoos but that's ok because we brought our own. The bed was extremely lumpy and uncomfortable, and the linens were rough and scratchy... but serviceable. Like I said, I was only there to sleep and shower and for those purposes, it met my expectations.

I would likely NOT stay here again, simply because I saw that AirBnB has wayyyyy better options for a comparable price. All in all, satisfactory but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends