All reviews rented unit captain cook cleaning supplies great location washing machine across the street sofa bed stay there again great place to stay stayed here for nights air conditioning shopping and restaurants microwave rental essentials noise floor
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This place is the right location and right price for anyone wanting to have a great and easy time near Waikiki. The rooms have all that you need, air conditioning, kitchen facilities, bed, sofa, TV and all that. Great for a couple who just want to be out all day and have somewhere nice to come home to at night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We rented unit 1410 from Thomas. Not sure if each unit is owned by a different person or not, and therefore at different prices. This unit was clean, well stocked with the essentials and had everything as advertised. The only issue we had was that the air conditioner was very noisy during startup, but then was OK. We had it on the auto setting, so this happened every time it decided it needed to switch itself on again.
The location of Marine Surf is fantastic. Only a few minutes walk to the beach, and almost every shop you want, Starbucks, Cheescake Factory etc all within a few minutes walk.
Thomas was very responsive to our emails and a pleasure to deal with.
Highly recommended for a great place to stay at a fair and reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This Studio condo/hotel The Tropical Studios In Heart Of Waikiki also advertising as the Tropical Studios At Marine Surf on 364 Seaside Ave in Honolulu is a total scam! They advertise at $75.00 per night with a low price guarantee and then when you try to book the room they jack up the price to over $185.00 per night with almost $400 dollars in extra charges! When I called the Hotel directly the gentleman I talked to was rude, cut me off while I was talking and called me stupid! I also asked them what dates the $75.00 per night price was for and they could not give me an answer! After I hung up the guy at the hotel called me back to call me stupid again then he hung up on me! Make sure you don't go to the Tropical Studios Of Waikiki and be sure to make sure that any other Hotel you are trying to book will not pull the same bait and switch on you while adding on hundreds of dollars of add on charges that are not advertised online as they should be!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry C
Reviewed 23 June 2017

good unit in very handy location close to bus stops, Ross across the street and Royal Hawaiian centre at the end of the street., second time stayed here, recommend higher level, book through Captain Cook rentals, what you see in the photos is what you get.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Small condo with high prices. We wanted to stay for 6 days but the owner would not accept a booking of less than 1 week. Thus we paid for a day we didn't need.

The condo has a service fee of $US69 no matter how clean you leave it.

Marine Surf is in a great location so I guess that's why they charge so much. I will look for better value for money if I come back to Waikiki.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple