Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$129
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Hotels.comUS$129
FindHotelUS$116
Lol.travelUS$140
All reviews front desk don quijote ala moana mall koi pond an older hotel within walking distance enjoyed my stay housekeeping staff ross walmart toaster aloha dvd
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lynda was very unpleasant at check in. We asked her where to place the parking ticket and rather giving us the information, she told us that she'd tell us after we were checked in. By the time she said that, she could have easily told us to place it on the dashboard. As soon as we opened the door to the room, there was a cockroach crawling on the wall. The towels were so small, scratchy and rough textured.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Aloha Companion440864,
Mahalo for your review. I will discuss your concerns with the GSA. (usually she has some of the best commendations from guests). I apologize for the pest you encountered. We do have a partnership with ECOLab who service our property with preventative maintenance bi-weekly. I would love the opportunity to ask what room you were in so that we can share your experience with them to ensure the pest elimination services are met.
Me Ka Ha'aha'a, Paul Dun - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in process was extremely long and not with friendly service. Renting any movies was troublesome! Staff couldn't understand the DVD machine either. Housekeeping came in the room too early in the morning to get us to check out? Called the front desk about it and they didn't have housekeeping out yet. Weird uncomfortable and probably won't be back.

Date of stay: May 2021

Aloha 24LoveAlways,
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We have a front desk meeting this week and I will be reading your review to the team. I apologize for your 'weird' experience and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at the property so that we can discuss further.
Mahalo nui, Paul Dun - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my appointment the next day. I checked in at around 10 pm. The front desk clerk was friendly and everything went smoothly. When I got to my room it was clean and quiet. I watched some TV and decided to settle in for the night. I start hearing this high pitched noise coming from what it seemed like from the pipes in the bathroom. I didn't think it was a big deal at first. The noise went on all night long until the morning. I hardly got any sleep. When checking out in the morning I told the lady at the front desk about the noise and asked her for some kind of compensation for the inconvenience. She said she would look into it and get back with me. This never happened. I am disappointed with my stay to say the least. I wasn't expecting the Hyatt or anything, but I was expecting at least a peaceful night's rest.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Aloha jjjj0098,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I received word about your dissatisfaction about the noise in the room when you checked out and immediately compensated your card on file. I apologize that I was out that day and that you were contacted some time later. I apologize for the delay. We did alert maintenance to check on the problem and rectify it so hopefully this will not be an issue in that room in the future.
Mahalo, Paul Dun - Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 13 June 2021

I did not have the best stay at the hotel compared to other places I have stayed in Waikiki. Cleanliness was an issue. Very slow lines to check in. My first room had too many cockroaches in the bathroom. I requested another room and the second room had 0 bugs-which was good. The room key has a quirk to them that the staff did not notify me about so spent a needless hour in line to get another room key when I did not need to do that. Another guest showed me the secret to get the key to work which was pushing it in and pulling it out several times very quickly until the lights went from orange/red to green. Overall the room was okay. But I cannot recommend a stay here when there are hotels priced in the same range which are cleaner with nicer staff and better rooms.

Paul Dun, Other at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Aloha Navigator766477,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts about your experience. I apologize that you experienced slow check-in and bugs in your room. (Unfortunately due to the pandemic, we did have to reduce hours for staff slightly, but have luckily been able to stay open throughout the entire ordeal, and have reinstated all teammates back to 40-hour full-time status recently, before most other properties due to our loyal customers.)
Regarding the bug problem, please know that we do have contracted pest elimination services that monitor, treat and perform preventative assistance twice a month.
There is really no 'trick' to the keycard readers in the elevator, but i apologize that you encountered difficulties with it and will have maintenance recheck their viability. We do believe that this feature is necessary as an added layer of security to our guest experience.
I do hope you give us another chance in the future.
Me Ka Ha'aha'a, Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2021

Upon arriving to the hotel, my first impression was that the building looked a little outdated and there wasn't anything particularly fancy. The room was a basic, 2 bed room. I stayed a week with my family and we really enjoyed our stay. It's not the best part of town, but there are so many places within walking distance. Ross was right across the street and Walmart was just down the street. There were also yummy hole-in-the-wall food places within walking distance. We enjoyed evenings in the pool and free dvd rentals from the lobby. Unfortunately, their restaurant was still closed because Covid, but the pond was still open and we were able to feed the Koi fish with food provided for free at the front desk. By the end of the trip, we found that we really enjoyed staying there. We've even talked about staying again for another trip.

Date of stay: May 2021
Paul Dun, Other at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Aloha ddiaz496,
Thank you for the lovely review! It sounds like we were able to 'win you over' with our unique location, affordable rooms and service, which is wonderful to hear. We recently observed the property's 57th anniversary and are proud to be a value to visitors and kama'āina alike. We cannot wait for you to return again!
Me Ka Hau'oli, Paul Dun - Hotel Manager