Recently between on our 10 day Hawaiian Vacation, we decided to splurge and stay at the Moana for a night in between staying with family and going to HHV. I had always wanted to stay at Moana and experience the old world charm of Hawaii, but could never convince myself to shell out the cash. We ended up having a night free and my husband convinced me to go for it using the "only live once" tagline.
It was worth it!
It started off with check-in and with our SPG account we were upgraded to a beautiful room (1292) in their more recently renovated tower. Our view was spectacular from our balcony/lanai and looked out over Waikiki beach and diamond head...I believe it was considered oceanfront. We spent a lovely hour out there sipping cocktails, marveling at the view and just enjoying each others' company (my husband and I) while our daughter napped after tea and beach time. And the bed - oh what a comfortable delight! Also, the bathroom was spacious and quite fine. The agent at check-in, Steve, was most helpful and every bit customer service oriented as I would expect from a high end hotel.
The most important part of this stay (aside from the beach and really, who can say anything bad about the beautiful beaches of Waikiki) was the First Lady tea service at their ocean front restaurant. It was absolutely spectacular, delicious and relaxing. My two year old daughter and husband joined me for the tea service and my daughter had a blast helping mommy pick out her tea and sniffing all of the tea leaf options. Granted, the service is not cheap (about 100 bucks for all three of us after tip but including alcoholic bevarages), but the food was flavorful and a lovely taste of old fashioned Hawaii. My husband had the lobster sandwich (not being a tea service man) while I indulged in the full afternoon tea experience. Aside from the food, our server, Koji, was the epitome of first class and made the meal truly an indulgence to the point where we tipped him extra. Nothing beats the view, the banyan tree or the ocean breeze while drinking a fine cup of tea.
All in all, the night was a success and lived up to years of expectations from many trips to Oahu always wishing I stayed at Moana.
p.s.- I can't comment on the beach chair/umbrella situation or the pool as we prefer lounging close to the shore break with our daughter and I don't trave 5000 miles to hang at a pool, but both areas seemed nice and had plenty of staff providing service and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Honolulu, Hawaii