This hotel's location is hard to beat. We have stayed at this venue on three occasions now. The staff are very polite, very efficient and the facilities are first class. The one issue that spoilt our most recent stay was the noise made by housekeeping staff. Every morning of our stay we were woken by the housekeeping staff preparing to start their work. They talked loudly to each other, thumped and banged as they loaded up their trolleys, and despite their friendliness, were a real nuisance. I reported this to the front desk a couple of days into our stay, but the problem persisted for the duration of our holiday.
I do not know the full extent of the extra taxes and fees levied by Hawaiian hotels, but it seems excessive. Their "resort fee" of $33 USD per room per day on top of other statutory taxes seems a bit rich. Yes, you get free phone calls, free bottled water and a few other minor concessions, but it sure adds to your room cost. I believe it is at the discretion of each hotel as to whether the charge is applied or not.
Despite my criticisms, this is a grand hotel in the heart of Waikiki and if within your budget is well worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Honolulu, Hawaii