Although the staff at this hotel was great, and the rooms were clean, I would not recommend this hotel. Mainly because of the beds.
Our last day at the hotel, there were protests in front of the hotel by old staff. When we enquired what it was about, no one really said anything. I googled it when I got home. We were not pre-warned about this, but there was a lot of security. The protests were very peaceful and we did not feel in danger at any time, but if we had known this was going on, we would never have stayed there in the first place.
The beds were rock hard, the lobby always smelled terrible from the buffet, and the elevators were super slow. Our room was on the 9th Floor overlooking the smoking area. Which, for me was disgusting since I am not a smoker. The very odd time you could smell it. It really took away from our enjoyment out on the lenai. We did have a partial view of the ocean which looked beautiful.The pool was ok, but when I went to go in the hot tub it was luke warm. The beach was right across the street tho, so we just went there.
The pictures of this hotel on its website made it look incredible, but it was not actually anywhere near as good as the pictures made it look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii