“a different experience”
Review of Istanbul Cafe - CLOSED

Istanbul Cafe
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Istanbul Cafe will bring the authentic flavors and smells of kitchens right out of Istanbul, and straight to your table. Located in downtown Cincinnati Istanbul Cafe offers a unique dinning experience in a city spotted with chain and corporate restaurants. This family owned and operated restaurant will please foodies and eclectic dinners alike. The atmoshere here is simple and to the point all about the food, Turkish rugs, photo's, and mirrors dot the dinning room and turquoise walls.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Easy to find on the east side of Vine street. Friendly welcome t the main desk with lots of willingness to help. The service was fast as easy as the food fit into what was wanted for the day. The owner and chef are apparently the same. There is a good deal of interest to make sure your meal is enjoyed. There is no cramped feeling and the noise level is very low. This makes enjoying your food much nicer.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

After looking at Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to try this cafe for our date night (across the street from our hotel). So glad we did! I made a reservation for a Saturday at 5:15, early for dinner but we had tickets for a 7 p.m. show. Pretty quiet when we arrived, but it was filling up by the time we left. We ordered the appetizer sampler for 1-2 people, and the Kabobs for 2 people, which was a variety of 4 different meats - chicken, two kinds of beef and gyro meat. Our server Colleen was helpful, friendly and professional. The meat was tender and tasty, along with balsamic rice and the veggie of the day. Yummy! We will definitely visit here again. Our bill including a glass of wine was $60 before tax. Although not a large restaurant, the tables are nicely spaced so you don't feel on top of each other.

1  Thank CarlyMegsMom
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is in the downtown area. It has an unassuming exterior so is easy to miss. I found it because I was staying in the hotel down the street and passed it by accident. I had dinner there with a friend and I was a little surprised at how empty it was on a Thursday night. Nevertheless we stayed and I'm glad we did. We shared the stuffed grape leaves as appetizer, which were moist and nicely seasoned. I really enjoyed the baked eggplant as my main course while my friend enjoyed her lamb kabob. We finished the meal with a Turkish coffee.
Looking back on this trip to Cincinnati I really appreciated having a place like the Istanbul Cafe that offered a change from the hotel conference meals that were heavy, greasy, and loaded with cheese sauce. Nothing wrong with cheese sauce, I just don't want it in every meal.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch and split the appetizer sampler and ordered the falafel and zucchini pancakes as well. Food was very good - nicely seasoned, lots of flavors. The cafe is chef owned. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Our work group went to Istanbul Café today to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. None of us had been here before, but we loved it and will be back! We started with the Babaganoush (eggplant with spices dish) and hummus appetizers. They and the pita bread served were outstanding. From lentil soup, the mixed greens salad, gyros and chicken and lamb kebabs everything was wonderful. Of note, the service was also friendly, willing to answer our questions, fast and efficient. Loved it, sorry I hadn't been before now.