“Take out was excellent!”

Teak Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Mount Adams
Cross street: Pavlion
Description: Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We ordered take out from Teak. The place wasn't busy and looked nice enough--certainly didn't see any roaches per previous review. The pad Thai was super as well as the red curry! We ended up eating that for the next night too. Yum! The coconut chicken soup wasn't as good as I've had at other places.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

We went with 2 other couples and found this place to be a bit strange. You have to look around to figure out where the entrance is and where to go. It's a few floors and on the night we went no one greeted us so we weren't even sure they were open.
Service was ... ok but not spectacular given the prices. The menu was extensive but the chef(s?) seemed to ignore what was listed as ingredients and toss in whatever was lying around. My wife, for example, cannot abide green or red peppers. She selected a dish that specifically did not list them and the waitress confirmed this. Here comes the meal and ... 1/4th of the veggies at least were green and red peppers.
Sorting out the bill had its moments as well. It came very highly recommended but I found it marginal. The location (Mt. Adams) is tricky to navigate anyway and I found it not quite worth the overall cost.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Dropped in for dinner on a Tuesday night.
Food was good, that's the most important thing. Service was ok but was clear you were short of another pair of hands. The AC was too high, come on turn it up a bit, it will be a little warmer and you can save on your electric bill.

These are some positive points to help you improve the place.

It needs a little make over. Plaster is coming off the ceiling. Get rid of the poster on the window. If it was there because it got too hot with the sun put some nice wooden blinds up. Change the bust lights. Do something with the empty fish tank on the back wall. Get all the beers that you have on the menu in stock. Change the wall painting on the side wall to something Thai. Keep playing relaxing Thai music.

Get rid of all the junk in the garden especially the large silver pans. The middle floor level is a much better dinning environment than upstairs. Burn some scents and fix the glass next to the poster which has condensation on it.

This will help make the place look like it's not got a closing down look and get the business you deserve.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I've been eating here for at least 15 yrs. They always served up delicious thai food. Nowadays, not so much. At one time, their pad thai was the best in the city but unfortunately that is not the case anymore. Out of the last 10 times that I ordered pad thai for carry out, at least five times the chef forgot to add the secret sauce. Without it, the noodles are absolutely bland. Usually before I leave the restaurant with my order, I actually have to open the box and taste the noodles to make sure they didnt forget to add the sauce. Tonight, I didnt have time to check and sure enough when I got home my noodles were sauceless and peanutless. I called and talked to the chef himself and he offered no apologies or compensation. He actually would not admit to his mistake. He said that I could bring it back but I live 15 mins from the restaurant. Also, the usually crispy spring rolls were doughy and rubbery. They looked like they quadrupled the wrapping on them because it was very thick. They forgot the cucumber sauce for the chicken satay (typical). The chicken and broccoli was over cooked and very average. I'm done wasting my money at this restaurant. They do have some other great food but I've been dissatisfied so many times that I just cant go back. Make sure that you dine in so that you can send your food back when they mess it up and hope that you dont have to hear the chef yell at his coworkers. I've witnessed it on several occasions. If they ever get their kitchen back in order, I might return to my one time favorite thai spot. Until then, I won't be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

I remember when this used to be one of the greatest restaurants in Cincinnati. You had to have reservations or forget getting a table. Not the case anymore.

We went on a Friday early evening and we were literally the only table on the 2nd floor and for good reason. They have just let the place go. The carpet is so heavily warn that it looks like concrete, pain is pealing or already missing on the patio, the doors to the steps and bathrooms dont open and close properly and the list goes on and on and on.

If you can get over the atmosphere then the food is still good but dont take a date thinking she will be anything but ready to leave.

1  Thank Matt R