“Very good chicken chipotle and chimichanga at El jinete”
Review of El Jinete

El Jinete
Ranked #361 of 2,020 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 April 2017

We visited El Jinete after a day hike and really enjoyed a good, simple meal with cold negra modelos (on draft). I had a soft chimichanga, my husband had a chicken chiptle he enjoyed.

Simple, fairly quick good mexican cuisine.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

A really nice mexican restaurant...recommend the fish tacos or carnita. Sat outdoors and had a lovely time. Service and food were awesome.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We go to El Jinete about every other month. The service is decent, the food is good, and there is never a wait. Their Chicken Fajitas are a favorite of my wife's and the Burrito al Barzon is a favorite of mine.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I was looking forward to a good Mexican meal after reading reviews on trip advisor.
My wife and I were extremely disappointed.
Food was very generic and bland.
My wife's tamales were almost all cornmeal and no meat.
I got a sample of burrito with beef tips, poblano pepper and beef tostadas. Tostada was relatively tasteless. the meat on the tostada was plain hamburger with no seasoning.
Save your money and go someplace else

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Very similar to the other Tex Mex restaurants in the city. If you like the typical Tex Mex that you get in Cincinnati, you will like this place.