“Friendly service and delicious Mexican favorites”
Review of Taqueria Mercado

Taqueria Mercado
Ranked #137 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 21 October 2016

I visited Taqueria Mercado a few days ago with a friend and was quite pleased with my dinner! We ordered margarita's, chips and salsa (which is not free), and chicken chimichangas. I'm not a stickler for authenticity when it comes to Mexican food, so Tex-Mex is generally fine with me. My chimi was delicious, the rice and beans also great. The salsa was a bit spicy, but I still enjoyed it. Our server was very friendly and attentive - my water glass never was empty. The food came out pretty fast too, which is good because we had a movie to catch. Overall, good meal, good service. I would definitely come back here again!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Came here early for lunch on cinco de mayo. It was packed by 11:30. Great lunch combinations to choose from. The food was served quickly even in the rush. Service staff is friendly and filled our drinks quickly.

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We decided to try this spot for dinner after a matinee performance at the Aronoff Center. We were delighted!! The margaritas were outstanding and it was happy hour so they were cheap! The tortilla chips are crispy and light, the salsa fresh and spicy, and the chori queso was amazing. Our entrees were delicious and very hearty portions. Our server was super friendly and efficient, especially considering she was responsible for half the restaurant!!

1  Thank G_Louisville
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This out-of-way restaurant is larger than it appears at first glance and the food is authentic and perfectly prepared. They do charge for chips and salsa, but nothing's free in downtown Cincy! And all of the salsas were excellent. The Diablo shrimp is very spicy, but the flavor is incredible. The tacos and enchiladas are great too, with a choice of meat and toppings to fit any taste. It's a great value too.

1  Thank Viajesro
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love the enchiladas here, especially the chicken with mole. I always get the lunch special with 2 enchiladas, one chicken/mole and one carnitas/verde. It comes with rice and beans (both are awesome as well) for $8. One warning--the chips are excellent and made in house but aren't free. Expect to pay $2/basket but they are worth it!