“Great wood fired pizza!”

Pomodori's Pizzeria
Ranked #365 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I used to go to the Pomodori's in Clifton and was very pleased with the new one. We had excellent pizza - the wood fired crust is light and crispy with a smokey char from the oven. I had the 4 cheese and my husband had the leek and pancetta and both were delicious. The glass of Malbec for $8 was delicious and now they use stemmed wine glasses! The Greek salad was full of Greek olives and feta and delicious as well. The new digs are bright and clean and it was lovely sitting in the room with large windows.
Just don't order the Tiramisu to go - mush in a cup for $6!

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

They are noted for their wood fire pizzas. I had the prosciutto & fig pizza. It was not too heavy on the figs and was just right. They had numerous other interesting pizzas. They have their own parking lot

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We bought a Groupon to use as we'd been there in past and enjoyed good food and wanted to go back. Now that we've tried it again, we felt the quality has been reduced.

The minestrone soup was okay but a bit thin, and the pizza/calzones we ordered were good but also a bit light on ingredients. My pizza was supposed to be chicken with portabella mushrooms. I could barely find the chicken. My husband's calzone was a lot of crust, cheese and not many peppers and onion. They were in there, but just not a good balance to crust.

The food tasted good, and service was okay too, so I would not say it was a bad experience, but it just did not come close to as good as it used to be. I am not sure if the management has changed the volume of menu ingredients on purpose or what, but it was as I rated -- just average -- and we probably won't go back.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Watch your food being cooked in the large oven. Great atmosphere and fun place to take a date or bring the entire family.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

My husband and I enjoyed Pomodori's last evening for a date night. We enjoyed the nice, quiet atmosphere for having a conversation, even though many of the tables around us were full. Bruschetta caprese appetizer was delicious, my husband really enjoyed his spaghetti and meatballs, and i enjoyed a healthy, large chicken and asparagus salad. The salad needed something extra and when I asked for Parmesan cheese, I received a nice plate of freshly shredded Parmesan to add to it. The Pinot Grigio house wine was light and tasty and the perfect complement to dinner. Would definitely try again for a date night. Service was a tad slow -- so not a good place if you're super hungry or need to make a movie time - but polite, friendly, and attentive.