“So glad we found this place!”

Jean Paul's Paradiso
Ranked #424 of 2,020 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 28 December 2016

For his 77th birthday my husband wanted a Jean Paul's Paradiso cherry pie rather than a birthday cake. He had heard that it was jam-packed with cherries and it certainly was. Not too tart, not too sweet, but just right. And the crust was tender and flaky-- it would be a delicious treat all by itself. Best crust, best cherry pie we ever had.

We went there for the pie, but saw other things that looked so inviting that we couldn't resist. It was money well spent.

The key lime tarts had a yummy crust and a creamy, but slightly firm filling. And the chocolate cannoli are superb--so light and rich and creamy! There were other items in the bakery case. I'm looking forward to trying other treats on my next visit.

For a quick meal you have to try the lasagna. Very nice balance of pasta, sauce, ground meat and cheese. I had taken one home for a meal a couple days later. It comes in a foil pan, perfect for reheating in the oven, but the day I decided to serve it I was in a hurry so transferred it to a glass casserole dish and popped it in the microwave until heated all the way through. We will definitely buy that again.

The Portobello Mushroom soup is excellent. It is loaded with mushrooms in a delicious, creamy broth.

I wish I had bought a loaf of their fresh baked bread--it would have gone great with the lasagna.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

After 11 yrs in Cinci and moving from Youngstown, I have finally found a place worthy to be my favorite pizza place!

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Our family of 5 visited and enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service at this tiny restaurant. Great carry out options. Even the crust on the pizza was flavorful and delicious! We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

One steadfast culinary rule that I have learned (the hard way) to follow is: Never dine at a place that shares space in a gas station. However, the exception that proves the rule has been found. Jean Paul's is truly Paradise! Ordered carry out - pizza, pasta, soup and salad. All were fresh, made-from-scratch and flavorful. The pizza most resembles NY style with a chewy foldable thin crust. Oodles and oodles of cheese. Had the Grecian - not Greek - salad and some black bean soup. Once I arrived, the cheesecake and key lime pie were calling to me so I added both to my order. Everything was excellent. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

We most enjoy picking up a loaf of bread, container of soup or ordering a takeout pizza. Food is homemade, known for pastries, bread and pizza. Seems to have a local following for lunch, excellent salads and some very good soups. They only thing I'd say in the negative has to do with prices. Sometimes I order 3-4 different items and feel the price is on spot at a good value. Other times, it seems arbitrary and expensive. I've eaten in but usually do takeout.