“Asian fusion in the west side! ”
Review of Kumo

Ranked #495 of 2,047 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Looking for a new Asian restaurant on the west side of Cincinnati? Try out Kumo on Delhi Pike. Delicious salad (next time I would get light dressing), had the hibachi chicken - wow, so good! Served with delicious fried rice, hibachi vegetables, and even a couple shrimp. We also ordered the shrimp Bento box - great presentation and variety of food.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Food looks like a work of art!
Sushi is excellent!
The menu is filled with pictures of the food and makes it hard to decide because it all looks delicious!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We took the family here for a birthday celebration. This is a New York restaurant with two in NY and this third one in Delhi on the Pike. That oddity in itself is reason to give it a try. We had a variety of menu choices and all were acceptable but none were outstanding. The hitachi steak seemed to be the best choice. The rolls were the best in the West (Delhi)but have a ways to go to match those at the east side Mt Lookout Ichiban rolls and prices. The actual building has suffered through many lives as Mexican and the steak restaurants and needs an overhauled interior however for Delhi standards it is nothing glamorous but adequate for the demographics. This was our second visit and both times the place seemed busy. If the local residents patronize Kumo you know that it can't be bad and it offers a healthier choice than Waffle House and Big Boy.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I have been here 3 times and had excellent food each time. Servers are constantly taking away dishes and asking if you want more water, etc. Some customers may find this intrusive but it didn't bother me. I think the prices are a little high. I spent $70 for 3 people with no cocktails or dessert. The first time I went, I ordered the walnut shrimp, which turned out to be creamed shrimp. I was not disappointed, but I think the description needs to be clearer. The second time, I took advantage of their alcoholic drinks and was delightfully surprised. I could watch the bartender making it while sitting at my table. The drinks were excellent. The third time, my daughter ordered a bento box, which seems to be the best value - a little bit of everything. The food tastes very fresh. Fried items are lightly coated, not soaked in oil.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Kumo touts itself as an Asian Fusion restaurant. Their menu is very comprehensive and well illustrated. We stopped here for lunch on a Friday. It's a big place but there were only a few customers inside. The West Side / Delhi area is crawling with fast food restaurants so Kumo is a welcome addition. Several previous restaurants failed in this same building; I hope Kumo has better success. They have the usual sushi bar and a variety of other Asian dishes. They also have a full bar.

We had the rock shrimp (actually an appetizer), with soup and shrimp Pad Thai. The rock shrimp were fried in a tempura-like batter, served on a bed of head lettuce with two dipping sauces and were excellent. The won-ton soup was bland. The Pad Thai was OK as a simple noodle dish but, like the soup, much too bland. Pad Thai should have the flavors of fish sauce, limes, brown sugar and tamarind and this dish wasn't even close. Some hot sauce saved the day but the basic dish was disappointing. Perhaps they don't want to offend the taste buds of the Delhi crowd but fusion cooking calls for bold, stand-out flavors and ingredients IMHO. I'd like to try some of the other choices from their extensive menu. PS A glass of Pepsi or iced tea will add $2.50 to your bill which seemed steep.