“Fast, healthy food options”

Canyon Lodge Cafeteria
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This is now Canyon Lodge Eatery. There is a Fresh Woks counter and a Slow Food Fast counter. I had two dinners at Fresh Woks. I had the Wild Alaska Salmon and the Sliced Flank Steak. I liked the salmon better since the steak was pretty well done (and I like it less well done). The asparagus and broccoli were both good. The mixed field greens and the garlic noodles were both good as well. My family had three different proteins at Slow Food Fast and they all liked their dishes as well. We had breakfast one morning and liked the Canyon Breakfast Bowl, the french toast, and the oatmeal (with fresh blueberries and brown sugar). You pick your toppings for the oatmeal. Tip: eat your meals early to avoid waiting in a long line. I liked the menus because they offered healthy/balanced food choices. A couple of the people in my party had a lot of food allergies (gluten free, dairy free, egg free, no shellfish, etc.). We really appreciated the fact that this restaurant was able to customize the dishes to accommodate their many dietary restrictions.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This was the closest place to our hotel room in Yellowstone and that was a good thing. It is cafeteria service. The food was plated nicely. There was something for everyone. One member of our group had a food allergy and there was always a few options for that person. We had at least five meals here, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Each time I had something different abs enjoyed it. The divert lines can get a little long. If you're really in a hurry there are pre-made options in a refrigerator case.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

After an extremely long day ending with being stuck in a bison jam for a very long time, we arrived at Canyon Village after 8:00 pm still needing to check in and starving. We zipped over to their new Canyon Lodge Eatery and got in line for their wok station option (which is actually a bowl where you select your items such as protein, starch, vegies, sauce and toppings). By that time of night they were understandably out of several options, and the young person helping me kind of rushed and jumped through the available choices so be prepared to ask so you're aware of all your options. Not the best food ever, but it's a National Park with huge crowds to feed, and we were happy to get a hot meal without reservations or a long line (although when we went for a 6:45 pm dinner the next night at the adjacent M66 grill, the wok station line was very long at that earlier time) . We popped in the next afternoon and also purchased already made grab-and-go sandwiches quickly.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

During our 4 day stay in Yellowstone Canyon Lodge---we ate at the cafeteria twice---Try the Fresh Wok----we got the 2 item plate---base of noodles--topped with a large portion of seasoned veggies---plus a choice of chicken-or-salmon-or-steak--with toppings of nuts, cheese, seeds, and a sauce. For $10 bucks---I got my fill. Good taste--large portions!!
Very large seating area---a little noisy--but that was expected---great value compared to the overpriced--reservation required dining room that was essentially part of the cafeteria only separated by a partition---there is a bar area serving a variety of adult beverages. Gets real busy around 6 pm---plan ahead.
Service behind the wok counter is very efficient---

Reviewed 13 July 2017

If there was less than one star that's what I would have given. Without a reservation we waited about an hour and a half. We were weary travelers and should have sent the food back but didn't. The expensive lemon chicken was too dry to eat, portion small, awful. The Cassolet tasted like watery bullion cube broth with a few chunks of fake chicken and white beans. Expensive and portion small. My daughters Alfredo had some cheese melted on top of pasta. Like taking a slice of cheese and microwaving atop a small portion of pasta. This restaurant is at the end of the building with a cafeteria, and other eateries. It's not separate but you pay a premium price for the idea that it's somehow the more elegant dining experience. It's not! It's all open. We had a wonderful trip to Yellowstone but next time a stay at Canyon will not be on our list. No character to the new hotel buildings whatsoever. Roosevelt our favorite and Lake area is a must see, the cabins at lake are affordable and the views magnificent. Unless you want to be horribly disappointed don't eat at this Bar and Grill M66. It's so not worth it.