Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$441
  • Breakfast included
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$196
Sofitel So Mauritius(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$367
Tamassa Resort(Bel Ombre)(Great Value!)
US$448
US$246
US$165
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
4,036 results
All reviewsinfinity blueall inclusive packageindian restaurantour honeymoonzenzi barbalafon restaurantc beach clubafrican drumsfree massageseven coloursa la carte restaurantsjean mariewalk in wardrobeboat tripnature reserveswimming with dolphinsmain bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon as after much research it seemed to be the only one with a golf course and spa, that wasn't right next to the airport, with an all inclusive package that included drinks. And it was definitely the right choice! (It is also definitely best to go all inclusive as drinks in Mauritius generally are quite expensive).

The service was fantastic - right from the barman (Ashley) surprising with new cocktails every night, to the staff in the restaurant and on the beach. I can't tell you how lovely it is to wake up from a doze on the beach to find a fresh strawberry daiquiri by your side thanks to either Jean-Marie or Shalish. The food was sensational...every single meal we had was delicious, and there is such a variety. You can eat at Balafon where there is a different buffet every night, or at Indigo Blue, on the beach - so you can look at the Ocean while you dine (either lunch or dinner). The seared tuna for lunch was amazing! As was the Lobster Dinner. And as Honeymooners we were also treated to personalised candlelit dinner :-) I should also mention that the residential singer.guitarist (Shane) is also usually around to seranade you as well. We also had a meal at 7 Colours (which you get a credit towards but is not fully included). I think I had the best lamb I have ever tasted here! Oh, a meal at the Chateau Bel Ombre was also included - again, fantastic food (but drinks not included here). I should also mention that you can also have your lunch on the beach :-)

There is also some form of live music every night - ranging from Mauritian dancers to jazz. The music finishes at 11, so it is rarely a wild night and I'm not sure what the nightlife options are outside of the resort.

The guests are the resort were a mix of honeymoon couples and french families, and although there were quite a lot of children there were various clubs and activities for them to go to, so we never felt like we were being overrun!

There is a gym, tennis courts, table tennis etc and archery - in addition to all the watersports (Skiing, glass bottom boat, pedalos, kayak, snorkelling) and all of it is included. The spa is also lovely - its worth upgrading your included massage to go for the full 75 minutes - heaven! I went for the Mauritian massage and absolutely loved it. Plus you have full use of the jacuzzi/steam room etc.

We had a sea view room and it was just lovely (not to mention the black out curtains which means a really good sleep!!) - its worth paying the small room service charge at least once to have a lovely breakfast brought to your room and having it on the balcony.

There were so many staff who made our trip special - too many to name them all, but a special thanks goes to Assistant F&B manager, Vinnie (Vinay) who really helped to make it the perfect honeymoon.

On departure the staff asked us if there was anything that could be done to improve our stay...but there really wasn't anything!!

Oh...p.s although there is free wi-fi there are no computers to use, so if (like me) you want to get online to have a first look at your wedding pics, make sure you take a laptop!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank rachaeldrinkwater
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I went here on my honeymoon, and we loved it.

Its very peaceful, beautiful, and just so relaxing. Staff are attentive and friendly, the rooms are spacious, and spotless.

The food is good, both in the restaurants and the buffet.

When i was looking at reviews before we came, I didn't see much about the golf course, so I wanted to give some information. Our package gave me one round free, and then £25 per round, with a range token and trolley its all seems to add up to £40. However, for this, it was a great golf course, in good condition. I'm a 15 handicapper, and its long and tough, but still very enjoyable, The ball goes a long way in the heat, but the wind is a major factor, and the long rough being sugar cane means a lost ball shoud you venture in (i did, lots).

Its an excellent golf course though, and the par 3 course is good fun too. They will join you up if you're on your own, but this worked for me as those I played with were great fun.

So if you're not sure about the golf course, its great.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank sausages78
Reviewed 12 May 2011

My wife and I went for a week to Heritage Awali and we had a wonderful time. This is a lovely resort and highly recommended if you don't want to leave the resort for nightlife/restaurants as there is not much around it.

We just wanted sun, sand and water which is what Heritage does quite well. The two pools are excellent which is where we spent most of our time. Sadly the beach is not that great as the sand is not as fine and soft as other parts of the island. There is also a relatively heavy current in the ocean and the snorkeling is not great close to shore.

The service was excellent other than the odd slow waiter - but then again it is an island holiday. The decor and design of the place is very nice, it as a very modern minimalist theme that gives it that 4+ stars feel. The food was usually of a high quality as far as buffet's was concerned. The cocktails were tasty and not too over priced.

The rooms were pleasant with good showers, and a nice dressing room. I did not like the bed though as it was too soft and noisy - my brother in law had the same type of room but a hard bed.

The golf course (Golf du Chateau) was really good and extremely tough when the wind blows. The course is not as flat as it looks on the website. You can walk the course but it is not easy as there is quite a few steep elevations and some green to tee walks are pretty far. The course is in excellent condition and fun to play. Even if you don't take a cart (which is ridiculously expensive at Rs1900) buy a distance book (Rs 250) you will need it with all the semi-blind shots and hazards that you have to play for especially using the wind.

One small irritation was the free wifi which is only available around the one bar never seemed to work properly.

Overall I would return to Heritage Awali especially for the golf but I prefer the beaches and sunset at Flic en Flac.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Kevalya
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We stayed at the Heritage Awali from 27th March to 3rd April on an all inclusive basis. having read some reviews I was admittedly worried however having never before wrote a hotel review I feel compelled to write regarding our holiday.

It was absolutely amazing. Staff were so friendly and could not do enough for us, My husband does not like fish and all the restuarants were so accommodating. Food was truly 5 star and I would compare it on a like basis to Gleneagles (Andrew Fairleys Restaurant). Beautiful Setting my husband is a keen golfer and played golf every day. Although it is not actually situated on a golf course they shuttle you and it takes 5 minutes. All the resturants were very good but we loved seven colours. It would have been expensive if we were not all inclusive so if you can then opt for all inclusive package no difference between that and premium all inclsive so dont pay extra for the premium one. Beach beautiful and no beasties (cockroaches) to be seen anywhere. We will return next year. Definately 5 star everything.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ewanbarras
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed one week for our honeymoon and had one of the best experiences ever! The hotel is amazing all round. The room we had was no further than 10 meters from the beach. The food was also really good followed by excellent SPA treatments. Staff are very friendly and went beyond what was required/expected of them.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple