We stayed in the Heritage 2 weeks from middle of May onwards, unfortunately the weather wasn’t as good as we hoped but this is out of our hands.
The Hotel with its staff was very welcoming, helpful and always tried their best to make you feel at ease. We were on the Premium package which included daily spa treatments which we took advantage from and need to say going from a 20 minutes treatment to a higher value one for 40 minutes you only had to pay 500 Rupees which was very good value.
The rooms were wonderful big, the bathroom as described many times before a women’s dream, also our house keeper folded our cloth and made the room sparkle every day.
I really don’t understand the complaints about a damp room as I only heard the best things from all holiday makers we meat.
We used our vouchers for the Seven colours Spa Restaurant and I wasn’t very impressed with it as unfortunately the meal from my partner was much nicer than mine. But I have to say we went to the Chateau in the afternoon to see the house in full view and it was wonderful we had a drink there and decided we have to come back for an evening dinner as the atmosphere was great. And it was worthwhile as my partner proposed to me at our evening meal which was by the way beautiful cooked scallops and great beef with truffle sauce. It was that magic that we went a second time and to our surprise there was a jazz band playing in the garden before the water fountain really magic.
Kuoni was out our operator and the outsourced every trip to White Sands which we used to visit Port Louis and Pampelmousse Botanic Garden, honestly we could have done this trip on our own the lady which took us around was the first face I have meat in Mauritius which was really bored with what she was doing. After this we went on trips on our own Crocodile farm (really worth a visit seeing the turtles there made my day) We then booked a taxi to see Charmel (sands in different colours) ended up seeing the hole island with our taxi driver which was excellent knew so much about growing tea, culture, all volcano’s etc. well we had a lovely day with him and meat lots of people doing the same as we did taking a taxi driver and getting a tour much cheaper, more personalised and complete individual.
Great hotel, great service, great food, lovely staff, wonderful garden but wouldn’t go back there in May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre