If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in a beautiful setting, the Heritage should be high up on your list. The resort is lovely - architecture is posh African village-ish - very well maintained, and beautifully landscaped. Two gorgeous pools, a fab beachfront with plenty of tiki umbrellas to relax under, and public spaces are cool, spacious and comfortable. Our room - an ocean view - was delightful. King bed, very large bath and shower, separate loo. Nice balcony with a day bed - great for an afternoon nap. Rooms are air conditioned, however we never actually needed it, just kept the ceiling fan going.
While we just relaxed under the aforementioned tiki umbrellas next to the pool, there are activities throught the day and into the evening to keep you busy - archery, aquarobics, bike rides exploring the coast, learning to sega dance, etc. Water sports such as waterskiing, sailing and kayaking are included in the all inclusive cost. We did have a rather nasty incident with the waterskiiing - honestly, if you're not an experienced water skiier I'd give it a miss (my husband has been skiing for 20+ years, and I'm the boat captain and we were not impressed with their safety procedures; in any case we had a discussion with the deputy General Manager, and our suggestions were acted upon the next morning). We did not avail ourselves of the golf, but understand that the course was nice.
The spa treatment - again, included in the all inclusive package - were a delight, and a very nice feature of this resort's package. Gym was fairly basic, but acceptable.
If you have children, the resort is really very well suited. We saw the children in the kid's program each day, and they were happy as they could be. The attendant's were attentive and caring, and a few of the kids we saw each day seemed reluctant to go back to their parents! Teens on their own might be a bit bored, but in pairs or packs they should be well entertained with the beach, pools, activities, table tennis and games room.
The dining options were great - breakfast is a buffet that covers the gamut. Lunch can be taken at either a pool front or ocean front restaurant. For the evening meals, the buffet restaurant had a consistently good selection of foods, each night themed differently. The ocean front restaurant - be sure to book your evening table in the morning as it's quite small - was lovely and offered a very nice menu, and there are 2 premium restaurants that you can book into (7 day stays allow you a visit on package to one of them, drinks not included). We chose the Chateau Bel Ombre and it was a fabulous night. We also did the lobster bbq (again, not on the plan) and it was wonderful. Drinks are inclusive - other than 12 year & older spirits - and they do pour top shelf. Wine lists were good, with a nice selection on the plan. I highly recommend the quiet bar to the right before the bridge, and the rum tasting night - I had the most amazing cocktail I've ever tasted!
As to the staff, they could not be more pleasant - helpful, always courteous. Our valet kept our room spotlessly clean.
Tourist information wise, I'm afraid that for once I've got little to inform on - the resort was so delightful we never even had the inclination to stray once we arrived - airport transfer was about 50 minutes.
All in all it was a trip in paradise...I wish we'd booked another week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre