Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort
Tamassa Resort(Bel Ombre)
  • Pool
Indian Resort(Le Morne)
4,035 results
All reviewsinfinity blueall inclusive packageindian restaurantour honeymoonzenzi barbalafon restaurantc beach clubafrican drumsfree massageseven coloursa la carte restaurantsjean mariewalk in wardrobeboat tripnature reserveswimming with dolphinsmain bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We spent our honeymoon here in Sept 2010 and had the time of our lives so I felt compelled to write this as I have seen several negative comments.

This hotel is beautiful. From the moment that me and my new Husband walked in, we were amazed. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and we have never experienced service like it before.

We arrived early in the morning and the reception staff were so attentive - they could see that I was tired and looked after us by giving us a room to sleep in until our official check in time. They then upgraded us to a better room as it was our honeymoon. These touches along with the drums, the complimentary breakfast and the welcome drinks made us feel special.

The room was perfect - absolutely immaculate at all times due to the daily room service and there was even a lady who came every day to brush leaves away from our path. I am not sure quite what peoples expectations are but I could not ask for more than the use of mini bar and room service included in our AI price along with complimentary ironing and even asking what temperature we would like our room regulated at.

The bars and restaurants are fantastic, offering a good choice of food - there is a vast range on offer at the buffet for breakfast and dinner. I am extremely hard to please and even I couldnt find fault, I was well fed every night. Infinity Blue overlooking the beach was amazing....by far my favourite and the Zenzi Bar does lovely lighter bites.
As well as lazing around at the beach (stunning) drinking champagne, we did use the spa (very tranquil, couples treatment is a must for honeymooners) and also took a trip into the centre of Mauritius. There are also lots of activities on offer such as a sports club, gym,water sports, spectacular golf course etc and live entertainment every night.

The staff at this hotel were faultless - nothing was too much trouble and there was always someone on hand to look after us whether it was a drink at the beach or taking a special trip into town to get me some batteries. There have been some comments about thefts at the hotel, but there is a safe in every room and we just made sure that our valuables were locked away safely.

The Heritage will always have a special place in our hearts and if you want a honeymoon that you will treasure for the rest of your life, go here. It is a true paradise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrsT23092010
Reviewed 14 January 2011

This was my first time to Mauritius and as it was for our honeymoon I wanted it to be special. After doing lots of research I too was a little nervous about the reviews on here but I can safely say I had the most amazing honeymoon at the Heritage.

Beach - the current is a little strong but it is not dangerous as you can just walk back up the beach if you do get swept along with it.

Staff - everyone is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Beach guys are great plus Michael in the bar does you great drinks when you haven't even asked for them!

Spa - Amazing, I have been to a few spas in the UK but this Spa was just so relaxing, if possible go on the Premium AI as all your spa treatments are included, I wish I had done this. On the normal AI you get one free treatment per person, plus you can use the spa facilities each day. I found it very quiet as I am not sure people realised they could use the spa without having to pay for it. We found it extremely relaxing after sunbathing all day to walk into the spa in your robe (in the room when you arrive) use the steam room, sauna, cold pool and then relax and watch the sun set in the jacuzzi. The staff are again very very nice.

Food:
Breakfast - Balafon - buffet style - very good choice of food and will satisfy most people
Lunch - Infinity Blue - Choice of pasta, pizza, daily specials, fish and meat, all very tasty plus you get to sit and eat by the sea, what more can you ask for.
Amafrooty - Pool Bar - Sandwiches and salads, quite nice if you do not want a full meal at lunch time, and the coconut ice cream is delicious!
Dinner: Balafon - Buffet style - good choice of food - we ate here twice but if I was to go again wouldn't eat here as the food in Infinity Blue and Seven Colours is much better.
Seven Colours - AI guest have a set meal which is changed each week, the staff did say to us if we went back we could have a different starter which was great plus we also paid for one of the menus, you get 750 each towards it so in the end it works out about £25 a head which I think is very good as the food is so good. If we went again we would eat here all the time.
Infinity Blue - Again good choice of food for the evening, the menu stays the same each week so if you eat there all the time you might get bored. The steak is a must.
Also you have to book to eat in Seven Colours and Infinity Blue so do this as soon as you arrive or before you get there. Also wine by the bottle is free as well.

Gym - Tennis was good but very hot as no shade, gym is basic but good if you want to use it. There is also water aerobics daily in the pool by Amafrooty, which is great fun and helps burn off some of the food and drink!

Mini Bar - gets restocked everyday but be careful as not everything is free, you do get lots of water, and if you need more just ask as they will leave you some.

Cleaning service - extremely good if a little bit expensive.

All in all it was the best holiday we have had, very relaxing and I would love to go back there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Milsted29
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We have just got back from 12 days at the Heritage Awali over the Christmas period and what a fantastic time we have had. I was slightly concerned having read some of the reviews beforehand, but though they may have effected those particular travellers we never had any problems. Yes there is a breeze, but if there wasn't one you would melt. Yes the service can sometimes be slow, but maybe we need to slow down, as you are in paradise after all. Yes the Wifi is slow but apart from checking the weather there and back home and checking in online for your flight what more do you need it so quickly for? The All Inclusive is not as extensive as Caribean hotels, but it stops you from putting on too much weight from snacking all the time. The sports facilities and Kids Club were very good and the Spa was superb.

The staff were attentive, efficient and helpful and the room was always cleaned promptly in the morning. The island does not celebrate Christmas the same way as the Brits, but they had a Carol Concert, a Live Nativity Scene, Christmas Trees and decorations and there was a Carvery available for lunch on Christmas Day. Father Christmas came and visited all the children on the beach and gave them all a present.

We have travelled to many deluxe hotels around the world and think the Heritage Awali is excellent value for money. Le Touessrok is three times as expensive as the Heritage and not even All Exclusive!. We would go back, and we don't say that about many places.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank FayemondoEssex
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I knew I would have to post a review about this hotel as during the 9 months I was planning this surprise honeymoon for my wife as she now is, I used Trip advisor extensively to research many of the hotels on this amazing honeymoon.

I chose the Heritage Awali is it ticked more of the boxes for what I was looking for and I have to say it's one of the best decisions I have ever made. This was a one off trip and with the money I was spending I wanted everything to be perfect, especially as my wife had no idea where we were going. We started off with 5 days in Nairobi, awith a 3 day safari in the Masai Mara which was incredible and perfect to combine with a holiday in Mauritius as it's only a 4 hour flight to the island from Kenya with frequent direct flights with Air Mauritius.

We arrived about 8pm at the Heritage and were greeted with the sound of the drums and were led up the fantasically impressive walkway into the hotel reception ... wow! The place is amazing, the ambience and atmosphere are spot on and the lighting is just right and not too bright like many other fancy 5 start resorts. From this point on we had the most amazing 10 days at the hotel. Our room was superb, the staff were genuinely very friendly and couldn't do enough for us and the food ... we still talk about the fanstastic cuisine we were trated to in them 10 days, everything was first class, right from the buffet restaurant, right up to our inclusive dinner at the Chateau restaurant on the golf course on our final evening.

We were on the deluxe package which I would very mucgh recommend as everything seems to be included, we enjoyed champagne on the beach most days and cocktails were on hand whenever we fancied them and one of our favourite times were the warm canapes served in the bar rea in the late afternoon / early evening.

The spa on the resort deserves its own mention, it's fantastic and our free massage as part of our deluxe package was great. We enjoyed the experience so much we went back and paid for an additional treatment later in the week.

All in all this resort is fantastic and if like me you are looking to book a holiday in Mauritius but are a bit undecided or nervous where to book, you simply cannot go wrong with the Heritage Awali. I just cannot understand the negative reviews on this site, some people seem to let a small point take over with what is an amazing resort that you should have no hesitation in booking ... we'll be visiting again someday!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank npashley
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Ok let me that this is the 1st time I've written a review or felt the need to about a hotel. However this was our honeymoon and my expectations were high.

We started out the honeymoon fantastically!! Went to South Africa for 3 days safari at Shamwari (amazing!!!) we stayed in Eagles Crag and were treated fabulously. Everyone was so friendly and the accommodation was out of this world. We then travelled to Mauritius to the Heritage Awali for a 2 week stay. We were greeted with the beat of drums and a refreshing drink. As we had arrived late a dinner had been prepared for us in our room. all great to begin with and continued to be so for the 1st week. Service at the pool/beach is prompt and friendly. We had the delux package so a hugh variety of drinks were available and included in our price. The room was nice and comfortable, not sure if it would meet European 5 star standards though but nevertheless we were happy.

Unfortunately week 2 was not so great!! The hotel had booked a group of over 200 South Africans, they seemed to be part of some conference or possibly it was a work bonus deal. Let me say from the off that I have no problem with South African people, as I said at the start the time we spent on safari in SA was amazing and the people we met were lovely & friendly. Unfortunately this group were in party mode and proceeded to spend the entire week getting obnoxiously drunk and taking over the resort. Also on the second Tuesday of our stay a tent was erected for a disco specifically for the SA group. The noise was deafening, even from our room. Also only the SA group were able to attend the disco. again I don't want to sound like a fuddy duddy but when you imagine a romantic paradise, party/rave music blasting out isn't what you expect or pay for (& it's ain't cheap).

I never complain but I was boiling mad the next day, so off I marched to reception and admitedly the staff were very nice and apologetic ( I think they were fed up with the group too) I was informed that the disco would be back on again on Thursday nite so I asked if we could move rooms to be as far away from the disco as possible. They could only move us on the Wednesday as they were booked up. The manager did upgrade us to a suite for the last 3 nights of our honeymoon but the good was taken out of it all. I felt very uncomfortable at the pool/beach due to loutish behaviour and the service at the pool bar was poorer due to the extra demands on staff. Also the buffet restaurant was closed off to all but the SA group I think this was an attempt by the hotel to separate them from the rest of the residents but they still came through to the pool bar and restaurants.

As I said earlier if I wanted a cheap & cheerful holiday I would have gone to the canaries but when you spend over 7 grand on a honeymoon you expect perfection! I feel the Heritage Awali shouldn't mix these two separate holiday makers as it creates disappointment. Hope this helps

• Stayed: September 2010