“Comfortable stay with an awesome bathtub”

Pullman Ambassador Changwon
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Changwon
Reviewed 28 December 2011

After traveling 31 hours to reach my destination at 11:30 PM, I opened the door to my king room to spot a glass enclosed bathroom with a white porcelain soaking tub. I almost cried. I grabbed a local Hite beer, poured the bath, and decompresed. after the much needed soak, I climbed into a comfortable and welcoming bed. The next morning (4 am - thanks jet lag!) I noticed the other lovely features of the room. The floors were beautiful and the storage units were ample. I liked the layout. I stayed on the "executive" level which means I got a free breakfast and a couple of drinks during happy hour. The breakfast was adequate and mostly western fare. I would have liked to see more Korean breakfast items but it was no big deal. The cliental seemed mostly American, Russian, and European so the food makes sense. I
never made the happy hour so I am not sure what types of drinks were offered.
I stayed for two nights and wished I could have transported my room to the Novotel in Pusan (my next hotel). I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca W

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I found my stay here very comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful and seemed to always be smiling. I loved the Christmas decorations and the holiday outfits worn by the staff. The breakfast buffet was very nice, and all of the hotel ammenaties were above my expectations. My room was satisfactory, although I was not a huge fan of the rainbow-style room. If I stay again I will be sure to request a different style. Overall, I was very happy with my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Stayed one day in Changwon. Morden decorated room but less of like-home feeling, very cold.
Breakfast is simple but good enough. Bed is quite cozy. Good for stop-over.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Pullman-Changwon, Manager at Pullman Ambassador Changwon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear Our Valued of Guest

We appreciate having you as our guest recently at Pullman Ambassador Changwon city7. Your feedback and opinions regarding your stay would be very valuable for us to upgrade our service to respond to the guests need.

We truly hope you will be our guest again in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed six nights at the Pullman Changwon.

Before arriving I contacted the hotel to check for A-Club Platinum upgrade opportunities and how to get to the hotel from Busan airport. Three days later I still had no response and thanks to an Accor contact it was confirmed that the hotel had not received the email (or checked their email account but let's just say they did not receive it). I sent another email to the General Manager and the concierge replied saying that they had no upgrade available for the first couple of nights but would upgrade me on the fourth night. Well better than nothing. I also reiterated my request for a smoking room which was part of the original reservation. I also got the hotel to arrange for a taxi for KRW 30,000.

Upon arrival at Busan a taxi was waiting for me and whisked me away to the hotel, about 40 minutes from the airport.

Arriving at the hotel first impressions were reasonably good, modern stylish lobby.

The reception is equipped with a A-Club priority sign but this made no difference. The receptionist insisted that my request for an Executive smoking room was not possible as they had no such rooms, I could have a “standard” room smoking (unclear what they are as the website does not list standard rooms) or a non smoking Executive. I told here that I wanted what I had booked and subsequently reiterated in my email correspondence and that I was not prepared to settle for anything less. She repeated her line several times and insinuated that I was wrong and that I must show her “evidence” of my request. At this point my patience was wearing incredibly thin. I am not accustomed to being told that I was a liar and that I had to “prove” anything. My insistence that she might want to have another look at my Platinum status and honour my reservation were met with a rude “no”. I asked for a manager but she refused to entertain this as she claimed to be the on duty reception manager.

After travelling for about 20 hours I had enough of this nonsense and grabbed they key for the Executive room (with Platinum drinks voucher) but insisted I would be back shortly. At this point I was ready to cut up my Platinum card and abandon Accor for good. Never in all my years have I been treated so shabbily.

After half hour I went back to reception and the answer was still no. I went off again to work and came back again later.

After another hour they finally relented and gave me the room I had requested all along. I told them that I still wanted to talk to a manager later to discuss the matter.

The Executive room was a medium size modern room with a large king bed, which was comfortable but nowhere as nice as the Sofitel bed but then again it was a Pullman and not a Sofitel. The bathroom was entirely enclosed in glass featuring a separate rain shower and a large bathtub. Nice design for the single traveller but questionable for others. Toiletries are Roger & Gallet Bois d'Organge (for two days running they were not replaced by housekeeping and I had to call for replacements).

The room came with free wifi and free soft drinks. The room also featured a Nespresso cafe machine which was a nice touch.

The hotel claims to be five star but there was no turn down service nor any morning newspaper delivery.

The room came with Executive lounge access. The lounge is located on the ground floor and consists of two rooms. It serves a very simple breakfast and “cocktails” with nibbles from 6-8 pm daily. There is a two drinks maximum and a sign making it clear those drinks are to be “basic” ones. Not very welcoming. The evening fare was very uninspiring. Ham and cheese sandwiches and some lukewarm prawns on most days. Actually most of the food served, either at breakfast or in the evening was never really hot. Service was slow and varied. They also had problems making sure the buffet is properly stocked (there is no dedicated staff for the lounge as they also cover the lobby bar and cafe). The use of a noisy walkie talkie to communicate with the kitchen did not exactly add to the atmosphere of the lounge.

The hotel has two restaurants: a buffet restaurant and a Japanese one. I had lunch one day at the buffet one and while the choice was very large the quality of the food was only so so, again some of the “hot” options were not exactly that. Lunch costs KRW 25,000. Nobody came and asked if I wanted a drink with lunch.

The second day I tracked down the front office manager and we proceeded to have a good and productive meeting dissecting what went wrong at check in.

On the fourth day I changed rooms to a “residential suite” which was a very large room with moveable walls. At this point the Platinum welcome materialised (a bottle of Merlot and two Ferrero Rocher) which was nice, the wine that is.

Free soft drinks were supplemented by two free beers daily when staying in a suite.

Check out was quick and effortless. I had arranged for a taxi to the airport which to my surprise at the airport was 50% more expensive than when I arrived (KRW 45,000).

In summary, the hotel is a large modern and in parts overdesigned affair. The rooms are fine and comfortable. Rates are reasonable. Service is in parts lacking, especially in relation to Accor A-Club elite status recognition.

Small tip: In the mall next to the hotel is a bakery called “Paris Baguette” which sells delicious sandwiches and sweets.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank starflyergold
Pullman-Changwon, Front Office Manager at Pullman Ambassador Changwon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear. Our Valued of Guest

Thank you for taking time out to inform us of the difficulties you have encountered during your recent staying with us.

As we communicated at the meeting, I struggle to adapt your advice to staff service training, hence, Your valued comment will be a opportunity to upgrade our service quality to meet guest’s expectations.

Once again, I would be delighted to express my appreciation for your valuable comment, and your another comment or advice will be always welcomed.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager
Pullman Ambassador Changwon City 7

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Very clean hotel. Convenient location. I wish the room temp could have been set cooler. Also wish they had wireless Internet. They did provide a free computer with free Internet in the room which was a first for me.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Changwon
2.9 km away
21.0 km away
Isquare Hotel
Isquare Hotel
#1 of 9 in Gimhae

Been to Pullman Ambassador Changwon? Share your experiences!